cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 Stuck in Boot Loop

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: LG G4 Stuck in Boot Loop

Is there something special I need to tell Sprint to get this phone replaced for free? I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with Sprint tech support to try to get a replacement setup. Apparently chat support yesterday didn't setup a replacement, just sent a "request for advance exchange" to tech support.

Anyway the lady on the phone refused to believe I would get a free replacement because I didn't have TEP. She also wouldn't send me a replacement over the phone, and instead told me I HAD to go to a local repair center to receive a replacement, where I would also be charged for not having TEP. I explained to her the phone was to be replaced for free due to there being a manufacturer defect on some models, and she basically didn't believe me and kept saying my phone didn't have a warranty.

At this point I'm thinking of just paying the $75, selling my replacement and switching to a Nexus 5X on Google Fi (which is on sale right now).

Journeyman

I have sent my LG g4 back twice since July 2015 to be fixed because it was stuck in boot loop. Now lastnight my fiance's did it for the first time. Is there something that we can do about this? I want new phones, this is in no way our fault. I refuse to pay $50 extra a month for phone's that keep crashing. This is ridiculous.

Journeyman

Moved to Customer Service forum for response, thanks

Sprint Social Care

danelle919

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you are facing. The issues with your LG G4 should be resolve by replacing the device. Have you tried taking the device to a Sprint Repair Center and get the device replace?

VeeTeeF

We wouldn't want to see you go. We just sent you a private message, please reply back as soon as you can.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I actually spoke with LG and they repaired the phone for free. I had to mail it to them, but I got it back in about 5 business days.

Sprint Social Care

VeeTeeF

We are glad to know that your issue was resolved. Keep us posted if you have any other issues.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

going through the same thing and not happy

Journeyman

Just happened to mine as well today. I had to drive out 20 miles to a service center, although there is one closer the people who work there are incompetent. She replaced it for free but said if it happens again I would be out of luck and have to pay for a replacement. That sounds ridiculous to me. It would not be my fault if wherever she is getting the replacement from still has defective G4's. I really like the phone but am upset about all the lost data ( although I do back up regularly my child just had a birthday and had no time to transfer photos) It's shame I was not notified about this issue with this phone since after doing some research it's been known since Nov 2015.

Journeyman

If you have the Sprint protection plan (whatever it's called) that should cover unlimited replacements. I had a HTC phone replaced 4 times once until I got a model that didn't have a problem. Didn't cost me anything. I ended up getting my G4 repaired through LG though because I don't have the Sprint warranty and was going to get charged $75 for a refurb replacement. LG covered the phone under the 1 year manufacturer's warranty.

GrandMaster

takes roughly a week or so to get it to them, they fix it and get it back to you.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

She had said the replacement would cost me even with the insurance. She said it wouldn't be as much with it though so I added it. I've only had the phone for 5 months. So disappointed, in the 10+ years I've been with Sprint I've never experienced this and I've been through a lot with Sprint.

Journeyman

You might want to try a different store. I went to 2 stores AND called Sprint support and was told each time that a replacement would be free under warranty, but $75 without. And the warranty covers whatever phone you're using as long as you're paying for it (the warranty).

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat