cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 Stuck in Boot Loop

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: LG G4 Stuck in Boot Loop

glad you got the issue handled...this is one thing that is really upsetting. it seems there are different levels of customer service and the standards are not the same across the board. some people are being kicked around and put out of their way, some are walking in stores and instantly receiving a phone and some are getting phones like you did through the warranty. but i also heard that if sprint replaces the phones it's a refurbished phone..it's kind of like buying a used car for full retail....how can that even be legal to charge full price of an item and you're paying for insurance, the device is defective and they give you a used repaired replacement...smh...so wrong...so so sick of this

Journeyman

My LG have the same issue started yesterday, I bought the phone from sprint 7 month ago without insurance, I took my phone back to sprint and they asked me $300 for replacement of the phone or i can directly contact with LG for assistance. I contacted the LG online chat and thats what they said, I can offer you our repair service, no replacement. You will receive your device between 7-9 business days from the day the device is delivered to our facility to the day that it is delivered back to the you. Our technicians will perform a reset per procedure. In case the phone was deemed unrepeatable due to manufacturer's defect, you will be given an option for replacement. We can still cover the repair as long as the device is sin warranty.

This is 1st time i bought LG phone from sprint. I will never ever buy LG phone again. Regretting on my decision. Piece of [inappropriate word removed] phone and service.

Message was edited by: TheModerator - "This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/blog/2016/02/01/sprintcom-community-terms-con...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!"

Journeyman

There was a batch of phones that have a bad processor, I also had this issue, brought the phone to a local sprint repair shop and they replaced it had the new phone in 2 days.

There is no fix for this issue just get it replaced.

hope that helps

RL

Journeyman

I need a Sprint Care Rep to contact me please. My son went thru this whole issue once before. Luckily his phone was replaced with a new phone. We assumed the new phone would not be another phone from the ones that have this issue...we were wrong. Plus we were told by the people at the Trinity Parkway store in Stockton,Ca the last time this happened that should it happen again, that we would have the option to change to a different phone. So imagine my surprise when I called that store today & the guy we spoke with previously says right off "Well I don't know who told you that, but we can only offer what options are available to us." So like last time, I'm going to skip repeated drives to this store and have you guys contact them first. My son is furious that once again he is going to lose all his photos. He wants to switch back to Metro. I just want what was promised to us. Let us switch to a different phone. I will pay the difference in the cost between the two. Just really fed up with the LG phones, and peeved that Sprint would give us a replacement of the exact same [inappropriate word removed] phone!

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/blog/2016/02/01/sprintcom-community-terms-con...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

Journeyman

Check to make sure your replacement phone wasn't a phone that will do the same thing....that's where my son is at now. Really frustrating.

Journeyman

Ok I received an email from Sprint_Christy.....I click the link you provided and it says I am not authorized to access this. ...smh...,. Last time I didn't deal with Assurion because it was a mfg defect, the phone was replaced with a brand new one. I pay for the protection plan. Past experience has taught me to. I just need to hopefully find the awesome sprint care gal I have dealt with in the past. She handled things beautifully. This shouldn't be an insurance claim since it is an mfg defect. but as long as i am not paying anything out of pocket other than the difference in price to change to a NON LG PHONE since Lg obviously produces junk phones!

GrandMaster

im linking one of the Product Ambassadors into this thread..he's been assisting in one of the other G4 threads.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

what was the received date on that pm from Christy?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Today. But the rep that I had dealt with in the past who was simply the most awesome person ever was Christina Johnson, who is a supervisor. But thank you for linking the product rep guy. I'll pm them. Thanks for your help.

GrandMaster

no worries. Blue has been dealing with this in one of the other threads with this issue so he's well aware of what all has been going on and what needs to be done.

Journeyman

Great Thanks! I just PM'd him so I'm crossing my fingers my son can get this handled. He left for the Sprint store in Stockton. So I'm hoping the mgr there isn't a schmuck like he usually is...ugh. thanks for all your help again!

GrandMaster

no worries. im up north of you about a hour north of Sac...i have relatives down in your neck of the woods lol.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat