cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 Stuck in Boot Loop

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: LG G4 Stuck in Boot Loop

Despite what the mgr promised, all that he did was put in an order for a refurbished phone. And he couldnt promise it would be one that wasn't from the bad batch. This is so wrong. I wonder if i have a valid complaint with the consumer products people...so frustrated. Sprint needs to do something about this, seriously.

Journeyman

Thats horrible. I am currently waiting for my 3rd G4 replacement. Odds are it will be a refurbished one which has a lifespan of 4-5 months before dying again.

Journeyman

I'm hoping there is a way to make sure this replacement phone isn't from the bad batch. My son has been researching it, & I think he said there's a date or some other # to look for to determine if it's one of the good ones. What I don't understand is how this problem didn't show up in their initial product testing. Or why Sprint would replace a defective phone with a repaired one...unless they are resoldering the thing hoping it fixes the defect. If I had paid for this phone in full, instead of the easy pay thing-I would be livid right now. But on a positive note at least I didn't have to do a claim thru assurion like I've heard of some people doing for the same isdue.

Journeyman

just gonna copy over what I said in another thread

This would be my 3rd G4. I am leasing it, and when I asked if I could upgrade they said I would have to wait until 2017 when the lease contract expires. I am thinking to myself "why am I paying for a phone that will end up dead again in a couple months?"

Yes there is a certain batch/model number that is defective. My original G4 and first replacement was from that batch. Crossing my fingers the 3rd one won't be the same.

Journeyman

I am having the same problem.  I Leased the phone in June 2015, by August 2015 I sent it to LG for repair.  The phone worked okay for 10 months and now it is malfunctioning again.   I took it to sprint for repair and hopefully I will get back a model that is not defective.   It is really frustrating especially since there are numerous complaints on this model and sprint does not appear to be concerned about customer satisfaction and retention.   The entire process has been quite an ordeal. 

GrandMaster

this is something LG must take care of..as is they are replacing out the boards on the problem devices from what i can tell. this goes for the verizon version as well since they are also seeing this on their end.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

when you get the phone back check to see if the serial number starts with 505...that would be the problem batch. or was it 515...i posted it in here somewhere in this thread or the other one

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

505 through 507 it seems..first and second page of this thread.

Journeyman

Mine starts with 509 and LG is RMAing it.

GrandMaster

was that the original one with an issue or was that the one you got back?

GrandMaster

a RMA is a Returned Material Authorization....least thats what is means for the majority of the places out there..so they are authorizing it to be returned and to be worked on?

Journeyman

It's my original G4, purchased in November last year. 11/05/15

They're going to fix it free. Free return, etc.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat