cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 boot problems

Journeyman

Re: LG G4 boot problems

I am going through the same thing. I had the same issue this time last year with 2 of the phones. They both finally got swapped out in Nov and now I'm back to the same issue yet again with one of them. I wont do an LG phone ever again!

Journeyman

I upgraded to the G4 July 2015,  yesterday my phone froze then restarted.  The phone was stuck on the reboot screen.  I got it to go into the reboot process  20 mins later nothing happened.  I drove to the local corporate Sprint store the battery by this time is overheating.  Handed it to the salesman he said phone rebooting heres a ticket come back in three hours.  Went back 4 hours later, the technician handed me the phone said its fixed, LG have software issues i cleared out the junk file.  Not even half an hour later phone reboots again now its permanently stuck on the  LG boot screen.

Spent over an hour on the phone with Sprint-to get no where!!  Talked to three reps and all they say is you have no insurance and its out of warranty.  Why should insurance cover a software issue?? 

After catching one of the "supervisors" in a lie-she claims she could see all the notes from my store visit but could only read back to me the phone call transcription.  Her recommendation was use the upgrade for another line and buy out this contract. 

Over 10 years of service and this is what you get-

GrandMaster

final post in both of these threads

LG G4 Phone Issues - Awful Customer Service

LG G4 Issue

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

God morning trackkstarr

We understand how you feel. Having to replace your device every few month is not cool.  So far, has the issue been addressed? Did you have a chance to visit a Sprint Repair store near you? For a location near you visit: http://sprint.co/1bWupaC

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Social Care

Hello ILENEFI

We can understand your frustration. Loyalty is everything to us. Let me look into your account for you.

Shoot us a Private message by clicking HERE. Include your phone number and PIN.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

SENT

Sprint Social Care

Hi.

I received your message, we will continue the conversation on private to secure your privacy.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

OK

Journeyman

Had same issue with my LG G4. I got the run around by everyone I spoke to and there were plenty. I even drove 45 minutes to the nearest corporate store to get results on the advice of a non corporate store. They ordered me a new phone and when I went to pick it up I was told I needed the old phone to make the switch. I told them I did not have it and explained my distance issues. They said no exceptions by the rude manager. When I called customer service they said they could send me one and transferred me to another person who said no they cant do it because it was not within 14 days of purchase. I said the phone is defective and the corporate store would do it. they said go to them then. I explained that I could send them the phone and they said the store could have done that. I went round and round then they all of a sudden said that I need to pay a past due balance first then they would send it to me. The issue was never brought up at the store at any time. I told them I would be paying shortly just was waiting for my paycheck. Still no results then was told to call LG themselves. I am so done I am going to another company without contracts or bad customer service. I will not pay for a phone that I cannot use. They still say I owe on it but they can go jump in a river!!

Journeyman

I had this issue back in November last year. Got my phone replaced with another one. This phone just started doing the same thing yesterday. Unbelievable. You pay good money for a phone that only last 4-8 months and you have a 2 yr agreement? lol what a joke.

Sprint Social Care

Good morning

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Social Care

Good morning jkrucht

We completely agree, you are paying your hard earned money for your services, you expect to have a working device, we get it! Allow us to help. We sent you a Private Message. Please reply to it at your nearest convenience.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat