cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 shutdown and will not turn on.

Journeyman

LG G4 shutdown and will not turn on.

This is my second LG G4 phone. My first on did had the know boot loop problem. This one has now shutdown and will not turn on. I have never had any problems with any other phones I have onwned. And on this LG G4 this is my 2nd one that had crapped out! Is there any fixes? I had read on internet to freeze it. But when I did that it can on but shut back down again so this may be another boot loop error phone. If your thinking of buying an LG phone I would stay away and go with another manufacturer. Can anyone help me on this problem.

Oh also I went to a sprint repair store. They took a picture of my drivers license front and back. I am not confortable with people taking pictures of my private info. Has others experenced this? Should I be worried. It caught me off guard so i did not say anything.

12 REPLIES 12
GrandMaster

Re: LG G4 shutdown and will not turn on.

i would NOT freeze any device..you pretty much just added moisture to the inside of your phone. with that being said if you plug it in to charge to any LED lights pop on or any type of indicator that its charging?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

again i cant say it enough...do NOT freeze a device. if there was a chance to swap it out under warranty or however your last one was taken care of more than likely if they look in this one its going to look like it was dropped in water and both indicators are going to show moisture. ..which means if that happens its now been voided.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Well when your phone dies again. You want to try anything to and get everything off you phone of value. But I bought a phone and it has broken twice. I lost everything the first time so I backed up most stuff but still will loose stuff. The phone is not repair it is replaced with a refurbished phone. Your stuff from your phone is gone.

@fireguy_6364 wrote:
again i cant say it enough...do NOT freeze a device. if there was a chance to swap it out under warranty or however your last one was taken care of more than likely if they look in this one its going to look like it was dropped in water and both indicators are going to show moisture. ..which means if that happens its now been voided.

GrandMaster

so in other words it was changed out using your insurance then? in that case freeze it all you want..
Journeyman

No it was changed out due to it failed before 1 year was up. But know it out of warranty period I believe. Took it to a repair store and was told oh I see you did not take out the extra warranty. I can get you this LG phone for an extra $24 a month. First I will never buy another LG phone and I told him that before he tried to sell me another LG phone. I can find it cheaper on the internet if I wanted another LG phone. I leaning towards a Moto g4 plus or a Moto X pure edition. I have less than 5 months on my contract so I will look at that depending on if anything becomes of replacing this phone by Sprint.

Sprint Social Care

Hello jpbailey80.

Going without a phone can be a drag. Allow us to review your account. We sent you a Private Message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan

Sprint Social Care 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

You are the second Sprint rep that has told me they sent me a private message. I cannot find any private message? Where do I find this private message?

@Sprint_Juan wrote:

Hello jpbailey80.

Going without a phone can be a drag. Allow us to review your account. We sent you a Private Message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan

Sprint Social Care 

GrandMaster

should be on your main page here up to the right of your notifications for posts etc. the envelope. next to the bell top right of the page. if nothing is showing up there with a red number then there might be a hang up on their side with trying to send you a pm.
GrandMaster

im going to fire you a test one real quick
Journeyman

Here is what I get when I click on my message folder above.

Private MessageNew Message

0 of 0 messages unread

You have no private messages.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Got this one. But not any more?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat