cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LGG4 "ANDROID SYSTEM UPDATE...

Highlighted
Journeyman

LGG4 "ANDROID SYSTEM UPDATE...

My LGG4 hasn't done anything in regards to rebooting just stays on this screen until i back out of it. I've let it go for one 24hr period and nothing has changed. Has anyone else had this issue??My LGG4 hasn't done anything in regards to rebooting just stays on this screen until i back out of it. I've let it go for one 24hr period and nothing has changed. Has anyone else had this issue??

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: LGG4 "ANDROID SYSTEM UPDATE...

Thank you so much for contacting us. Does it pop up every time you turn on your phone?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

No it doesn't pop up. it just happens when you check for updates in the settings menu under system updates. When you tap check LG system updates, it will start to check, and the small black font will say rebooting now and then nothing happens, just stays on that screen. It should be noted that this phone is my replacement from my original G4 that quit working and wasn't able to turn back on. Took it to my local sprint store, and they ordered me a new one which is the phone im currently using. The old phone had reboot issues. In starting to think this phone does as well.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Understood! Let's try the update while on safe mode. Follow the steps below to access safe mode:

1. With the device turned on, press and hold the Power key.
  2. Tap and hold Power off.

3. Tap OK.

4. The device will power off and restart in safe mode.

Swipe the screen to unlock the device.

After this, try updating the device and then turn off safe mode:

1. To turn off safe mode, press and hold the Power key.

2. Tap Power off and restart.

3. Tap OK.

4. The device will reboot into normal mode.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Nope, same situation. I don't know if this error message is normal but i get it twice a day, and i just got it when i restarted my phone just now. See screenshot.Screenshot_2017-08-09-10-33-53.png

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Well in that case, please take the device into one of our store so that one of our techs can take a look at it. Click on this link http://sprint.co/1MJqD1f so that you can find the nearest store to you and set up an appointment.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat