cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left side of screen lags or freezes

Journeyman

Left side of screen lags or freezes

I have had this phone for a couple weeks now and just 4 or 5 days ago the left side would lag or freezes. Sometimes it's just for a quick second, other times it will stay frozen for a while. I have to put the phone down or restart it for it to go back to normal. I took it to Sprint and they said there is a known issue of this happening. That LG and Sprint on working on it. Anyone know if that's true? Or did they just tell me something to get me out of there? Is there something I can do to resolve it myself?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Left side of screen lags or freezes

I've got the same problem and heard the same thing... I'm waiting for my replacement

Journeyman

Mine started about 3 weeks ago, sometimes its frozen forever and a reboot is the only thing that works to get it un frozen.  Left side of the screen stays frozen but I can still use that part of the screen.   I haven't taken it in yet as I don't have Device Protection and LG support said they would keep mine for repair for 7-10 days, with no replacement.  

I've been reading online elsewhere that people with this issue are receiving their replacements and within a week or so that phone starts freezing up on half the screen.  Starting to look like manufacture/hardware issue not a software issue.  Thinking about leaving Sprint though just so I can get off this buggy phone.

Journeyman

My sprint retailer told me that LG is working on a softwear update to correct the problem and it should update with in the week. Sprint will not replace freezing phones untill the update happens.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat