cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lg g4 marshmallow update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lg g4 marshmallow update

Has anyone who uses a lg g4 received the ota marshmallow update yet? I noticed on the updates page that it was available. Nothing has been mentioned yet though.

125 REPLIES 125
Journeyman

Re: Lg g4 marshmallow update

No im still waiting for mine

Journeyman

I find it odd that nothing else has been mentioned in the forums. Is the update even being sent out?

Journeyman

I flashed it onto my G4, using the TOT from LG's open source site that has all the previous updates, including ZV9 (it was available ~2 weeks before it was announced). Runs pretty damn good, no real complaints. There's no drastic changes though, so don't expect an entirely new phone - just a faster, more efficient, G4. With small UI improvements.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The TOT that I (and many others) have is most likely the OTA that Sprint has released. 99% Sure that it is.

Journeyman

I have also been looking for lg g4 owners on sprint to give reviews but I cannot find any evidence for this fabled ota other than tech blogs.

Journeyman

Nothing here.

Journeyman

Well this update Has now been listed since December 17th as being available; yet not a single person has come forward who has it. I understand that updates can take a few days to reach everyone but, nobody yet?

Journeyman

Damn I think they are lying I'm hoping I get marshmallow this week

Journeyman

I'm starting to feel like we're part of a psychological experiment. Where sprint is trying to find out how much crap their customers will take before they're all gone.

Journeyman

I just received mine this morning OTA.

Journeyman

I read somewhere that the phones bought through sprint corporate stores were getting theirs first. May I ask where you bought yours?

Journeyman

That is an odd way to distribute an update. Mine was purchased through a sprint retail store. Not a corporate store.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat