cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lg g4 marshmallow update

Journeyman

Lg g4 marshmallow update

Has anyone who uses a lg g4 received the ota marshmallow update yet? I noticed on the updates page that it was available. Nothing has been mentioned yet though.

125 REPLIES 125
Journeyman

Re: Lg g4 marshmallow update

No im still waiting for mine

Journeyman

I find it odd that nothing else has been mentioned in the forums. Is the update even being sent out?

Journeyman

I flashed it onto my G4, using the TOT from LG's open source site that has all the previous updates, including ZV9 (it was available ~2 weeks before it was announced). Runs pretty damn good, no real complaints. There's no drastic changes though, so don't expect an entirely new phone - just a faster, more efficient, G4. With small UI improvements.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The TOT that I (and many others) have is most likely the OTA that Sprint has released. 99% Sure that it is.

Journeyman

I have also been looking for lg g4 owners on sprint to give reviews but I cannot find any evidence for this fabled ota other than tech blogs.

Journeyman

Nothing here.

Journeyman

Well this update Has now been listed since December 17th as being available; yet not a single person has come forward who has it. I understand that updates can take a few days to reach everyone but, nobody yet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Damn I think they are lying I'm hoping I get marshmallow this week

Journeyman

I'm starting to feel like we're part of a psychological experiment. Where sprint is trying to find out how much crap their customers will take before they're all gone.

Journeyman

I just received mine this morning OTA.

Journeyman

I read somewhere that the phones bought through sprint corporate stores were getting theirs first. May I ask where you bought yours?

Journeyman

That is an odd way to distribute an update. Mine was purchased through a sprint retail store. Not a corporate store.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat