cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lg g4 marshmallow update

Journeyman

Re: Lg g4 marshmallow update

Did the notification just randomly show up or did you do something that made the update available?

Journeyman

I check for updates every day.  Today it arrived.  I pre-ordered the phone from LG and received it before any of the local stores had even seen one,

Journeyman

Anything yet?

Journeyman

They always stagger updates, and especially for big ones like this it can be staggered over several weeks, not days, so I wouldn't get your hopes up that it will be out almost any day.  They do this so that their network isn't seriously compromised by people downloading huge amounts of data all in one day, and also so that as people do the update if problems crop up (and they probably will for at least a few), that their support centers aren't overwhelmed with calls.  Given this is also right before Christmas when staffing can be a little harder to find, they probably are not going to want to push it to all users within a few days!  I'm considering updating manually but haven't decided yet...  I've heard that they push these out based on serial number, which I suppose would be somewhat random, although maybe roughly based on when you purchased the phone?

Journeyman

No, it just takes a while to roll out across the country. Sometimes it may take more than a week for you to receive it OTA, depending where you are. People began to receive it the 22nd/21st.

Journeyman

This^. They roll out updates in phases, so certain parts of the country at a time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought mine at a Sprint corporate store and still waiting for the update.  I say this every time but I think the roll out in waves thing is lame and they need to come up with a way to release it to everyone at the same time.  I think they can come up with a better system.  Also they announce the availability on the 17th and here it is almost 10 days later and I still don't have it/  They say it takes several days for everyone to get it.  What does several mean?  That is misleading for sure when it turns into two weeks.

Journeyman

Still nothing here on the ota. Anyone else.

Journeyman

Nothing here. Ridiculous.

Journeyman

Got it a week ago. I have the defective phone recalled in October, and the update just made all the freezing issues worse. Wish Samsung hadn't changed their phones. Miss my Galaxy.

Journeyman

Still waiting. Ridiculous

Journeyman

It always rolls out in waves, so the servers aren't jammed. You've done the usual helps to push it, I assume? Clearing the b Google Services framework? I don't see any differences with the update, it actually made my G4 WORSE.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat