cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lg g4 marshmallow update

GrandMaster

Re: Lg g4 marshmallow update

i recommend not jumping to Verizon since their G4 is having the same issues yall are having. so its not carrier specific..more like manufacturer specific still. and same ordeal with the updates being late are seen over there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

a snipit from over in the V world...keep in mind Sprint at least mentioned that there were issues and how to go about having them checked out to see if you get a replacement or not..

10.  Re: LG G4 NIGHTMARE

Lawdydawdy22

I upgraded to a G4 from my trusty G3 model in mid November...I've only had this phone a month and have experienced the right half of the screen freezes vertically...the touch sensor on that half of the screen still works, but i cannot see a full screen at all. it was just passed the 14 days so now i have been waiting for my replacement phone to get here...its somewhere in tennessee at the moment....

i searched the net to find that G4's distributed by AT&T had this same exact problem - so they recalled all the faulty G4's and issued there customers with the comparable alternative in the latest Samsung Galaxy phone for FREE....

verizon hasnt acknowledged this issue with the split screen freeze but im hoping that if more customers like me are experiencing this same issue, that Verizon might issue a recall of these phones and follow suit like AT&T did....

•   
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Unfortunately it isn't permissions settings. Nexus phones are having this issue as well.  So I've ended up having to install a third party email app.  Using Alto Mail, seems to work so far.  Don't know what I'm going to do about Hangouts right now.

GrandMaster

keep checking..hangouts might kick out an update that fixes it to work with the last update yall got

Journeyman

I somehow noticed the "home has stopped responding" error occurred when I allowed Last Pass to "overlay all sites", a permission I'd never seen before.

I undid that in Services, and haven't had a problem in 24 hrs on the Android 6 updated phone manufactured in December.

But my personal Sprint agent insisted on sending out another device after my shrieking about the installation of marshmallow, and seemed really sympathetic, so... We'll see if that NEXT new phone comes with marshmallow on it already? Could that be possible?

All this backing up and restoring has scrambled my text messages. They're corrupted at this point somehow. Some I need and want to keep. But... I NFC'D stuff from the old Galaxy 5 so I got a few things restored.

Anyway... Removing the Last Pass ability to be used on all sites or browsers or something made the difference!

Husband still hasn't gotten the marshmallow...

Journeyman

Still no marshmallow here! Come on this ridiculous.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

unless the agent is going to have someone physically grab a replacement phone..upload M onto it..then run it for a while to see how its running..i dont see that happening..but im wondering if they might put in some notes saying it needs to be from a specific date and up?

Journeyman

I haven't received it neither they are super slow with the ota

Journeyman

And still waiting here!

GrandMaster

dunno..its coming from Samsung so no idea what they have going on or why the super slow release of it..i know its in stages but yeesh.

Journeyman

Update.  After a few days, the I've noticed the following.  The battery drains a faster than before.  I have not found the "doze" function to make sure it is set properly.  If someone can tell me how to turn that on, it would be great as it was supposed to extend the battery life.  In addition, at least once a day, the phone battery heats up to over 100 degrees.  Much hotter than before.  Also, I use Dolphin as my main browser.  After the update, it no longer resizes the page to fit the screen after zooming.   Other apps seem fine. 

Journeyman

Finally it came around 9:30pm tonight!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat