cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lg g4 marshmallow update

Journeyman

Re: Lg g4 marshmallow update

The only difference ii have seen is lagging keyboard and faster battery draining, and when you tap the software Easter egg, there's a marshmallow instead of a lollipop. Be careful what ya wish for!

GrandMaster

for the lagging and battery drain run the battery fully dead..restart it a few times to insure its dead..then charge it back up fully. old school trick to attempt. most updates will muck up the battery life but its usually fixed after a few full charges or if you let the phone just run its course and let everything stabilize. if not start looking at apps first that arent updated to work with LP just yet..thats usually the second culprit. at least wit the battery drain. top of the list though is the wonderful battery drain bugs they tend to miss somehow which are usually fixed with another update.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Way ahead of you, chico. This isn't my first update rodeo.

My phone is part of the secret Sprint/LG recalL, so until everybody comes back from their holidays, I'm stuck with a goofy phone.

Journeyman

FYI, the few apps I have were all updated and waiting for Marshmallow, weeks before.

GrandMaster

ah now i remember lol

oddly enough..i work in Chico Ca lol..figured i would throw that out there lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Still waiting too!  Seems like if its out, there must not be many of us who own this phone.  Not enough comments, reviews, complaints, etc.

Journeyman

My sentiments exactly. Its been almost two weeks since the supposed release and mopho2011 is the only person with the ota to share the experience. That seems a little weird to me plus I understand the segmented roll-out but based on u.s. based lg g4 numbers on sprint two weeks is ridiculous.

GrandMaster

still looking at it in their notes..started the roll out  on the 22nd which was about a week ago..once you hit the 2 week marker then you'll have something to approach them with..at the moment all they will tell you is keep checking.

Version

Release Date

Description of Enhancements/Fixes

LS991ZV9 12/22/2015
  • OS Upgrade to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
  • Sprint Global Roaming
Journeyman

They had it listed as being released on the 17th. Since the 17th... I don't know when they changed it but it was after the 22nd.

Journeyman

The 17th shows up on the cached page when you do a google search for the release notes.

GrandMaster

dunno..a usually they make a thread for each update getting pushed..but if you go into one of the older update threads and click on the link towards the bottom you'll end up in here.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find-and-update-the-software-version-on-your-LG-G4/WServic...

Journeyman

It was absolutely supposed to begin on the 17th.  I have a friend at Sprint who sent me the email regarding this update and in those details it said it was to begin rolling out on the 17th and would take 'several days' (not weeks) for everyone to get it.  So obviously Sprint and/or LG experienced some sort of delay or setback and did not actually begin on the 17th but did not tell anyone about this delay and kept it internally.  Here it is almost the new year and still waiting.  This is silly.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat