cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lg g4 marshmallow update

Journeyman

Re: Lg g4 marshmallow update

I got the marshmallow update yesterday - 1/8 early a.m.

The only problem I've noticed is that the LG Smart Dial and Smart Contacts apps disappeared. The stock dialer and contacts apps are working normally.

Journeyman

What's your manufacture date?

Might be the recall situation, my recalled serial first three numbers were 505. They've replaced mine twice over that. Actually three times, but the third one had a yellowish screen, and we'd fixed the problem on the second replacement by the time it arrived.

I got Marshmallow on Dec 22, and it screwed up my recalled phone, but husband's update finally came Jan 8 and no problems yet.

Journeyman

Received the update last Thursday or Friday, nothing but issues since then, frequent reboots, crashes, lockups and getting stuck in reboot loops. Taking it in today

Journeyman

Well so far so good! Had the update for a few days now and no problems at all. Didn't have to do a factory reset or anything. The only thing I've noticed is that some of my apps needed to be uninstalled and reinstalled. If that's the only thing I have to do, fine by me. I don't know why so many people are having problems. Unless they still have those recalled phones. But I dealt with that a long time ago. Now that was a huge headache and pain in the a$$. Anyways, just an update. Good luck!

Journeyman

Still no update here, this is my 3rd lg g4 though after having issues with my first 2. My first device was purchased in July 2015.

GrandMaster

updates are pushed out by serial number..not location. that way its more spread out and not hitting one area to heavy compared to another.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Did the update and after my phone's Tap-on won't work in the dark or dim rooms and the power button won't wake the phone up in the dark either, very frustrated, the phone is only a month old.

Journeyman

S. Florida

Journeyman

I've finally received the update and without factory resetting, after power off and restarting 2 times, updating Google play services, and changing some app permissions my phone is running smoother than ever.

Journeyman

I've given up on Gmail for the time being and using Alto.  But Hangouts is still screwed up.  Quickbrownfox, what permissions did you have to change?

Journeyman

Just got the 6.0 update late last night.  Getting the "unfortunately home has stopped" message steadily all morning. Not certain what to do.  HELP!!!

Journeyman

App permissions work a little different in 6.0 so some apps will not work correctly without the right ones granted. For instance I had an app that storage access was not allowed in which the app would not function so I went to apps in settings and enabled it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat