cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lg g4 marshmallow update

GrandMaster

Re: Lg g4 marshmallow update

dunno..weirder things have happened. i can see that as being a cause as well. final release is from the manufacturer so if something was found last minute they might have dumped the release date and tried to fix what they found.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Mine came late on the 22nd, which explains why I was searching why it didn't fix the problems I'd had since day one, but made them worse. That's how I found the "soft" recall that had me talking to a Sprint store at 4:30 pm Christmas eve about a phone that barely works anymore

Journeyman

This is the earliest I've ever received an update. I'm usually the one who gets it a month after everyone else

Journeyman

And usually, I am LAST. maybe they reversed the list this time. I was darned sick of being the last one, I know what that's like

Journeyman

Probably because so many of them were recalled and replaced with Galaxy 6s per the internal memo, because that was all that was available at the time

Journeyman

Did your phone get better/worse after the update?  Any news from Sprint about fixing it?

Journeyman

Mine obviously got worse with the freezing up and crummy battery life. I'm still b trying to determine if there's anything new that I do like. It's been such a trial try use, I haven't been able to explore like I'd like. The gallery is better when attaching, organization better.

Nothing has an obviously different look.

The settings for ringtones and notifications still don't stick. It defaults to the annoying Life's Good sound.

The menu at top adds a few thingsthings, including screenshot capability. I unchecked them all and checked the boxes of what I use up there in the order I want it, and that's finally keeping what I chose. It used to just ignore my choices and throw WiFi calling icon on there no matter how edited it.

Hmm, the phone freezes up so much it's hard to get much done or communicated. I've been to the store.

Journeyman

A couple of things:

1) If you guys didn't know, there was a definite hardware issue with G4's that were manufactured before I believe September.  There's a big thread on XDA about it and how Sprint is supposed to simply give you a replacement if you report any issues.  Apparently the knowledge of this isn't universal among Sprint employees even, so you may need to contact them several times and/or forward them the infor from the thread to get a replacement.  I actually had a issue with mine and came by my local repair center in August.  They knew about it there even then and simply ordered a replacement for me, which has at least not caused the major issues of my first one, although it does get unresponsively slow from time to time.  But removing the Facebook app went a long way to solving that issue believe it or not!

2) If you update to Marshmallow and continue to have issues, I would recommend before doing anything else that you do a factory reset, as much of a pain as that is.  I say this because I had similar problems when I updated to Lollipop on my G3.  It got really laggy and would reset spontaneously and finally contacted Sprint about this and they suggested a factory reset.  After that, I had zero issues.  So I figure sometimes the updates either corrupt something or leave things that were already corrupted rather than starting from a clean slate.  Worth a shot anyway...

Journeyman

Finally, somebody who also knows about this! Mods redacted my attempts to provide this info. Google Google Google, people! It might just be your phone, in some cases! Every app I use crashes.

Black screen.

Shuts down arbitrarily.

Screen half- freezes vertically.

Settings of anything won't hold.

I thought updates would help. Ha ha ha ha ha. Oh, and camera crashes...I remove my battery 3 or more times a day when the phone won't power off it's so frozen

Journeyman

Still nothing and here it is almost Jan 1 and the new year.  Something tells me that they are having some sort of issue and have most likely pulled or delayed the update for many.

Journeyman

It is now the new year and still no update. It has now been officially 10 days since the update was released and still nothing on my end. I'm waiting on it so I can factory reset my g4. Getting a bit impatient here.

Journeyman

It's actually been more than 10 days. The original bulletin on it was put out on the 17th as the available date. They later changed that date to the 22nd (sometime after the 22nd). Silly to keep everyone waiting this long. Still nothing here either and I am starting to believe that there has been some sort of delay or issue with it which has caused the roll out to halt.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat