Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lg g4 marshmallow update

Journeyman

Re: Lg g4 marshmallow update

Still waiting here too. 

Journeyman

I don't know if anyone from Sprint is gonna read this but if so maybe you could pass along a message. Communicating with your customers... Even if you're having problems... Might be better than just pretending there's no problem. We're not inexperienced with how updates work. Some official word would certainly help dissuade some frustration for probably most of us. It's ironic that a phone company won't communicate with its own customers in an honest way.

Journeyman

I was one who had to get a replacement. Worked great for like2mos then screen freezing,etc. New one has been fine but I'm still waiting for M update too.

Wizard

I've seen M on about 6-8 G4 devices now. It's rolling. Patience.

Journeyman

For those boiling over with rage every day (hour) that they don't get the update, a word of advice:

1. This update will not solve all your problems be it on your phone or your personal life
  2. Sprint (or any carrier for that matter) does not roll out updates to their entire userbase within a few days.  A few weeks to almost two months is closer to the norm.
  3. If you ware so desperate for it, and can't stand the waiting and constant disappointment, there are ways to update it manually.  Look on XDA and you will find answers to this.
  4. Sprint is not going to have some official come on this board and reassure disgruntled users that their updates are coming, or provide you personally with a fast-track to getting the update out of your normal turn (see below)
  5. No one has confirmed how what is the determining factor of who gets the updates first.  It is probably not by location, but most likely by order of manufactured date.  But for all we know it could be random, or there could be an algorithm that uses location, manufactured date and/or a random number generator with those weighted at different (unknown) values to come up with an order.  IE, we can guess, but our guesses will most likely be fairly wild.
  6. As others have said, relax.  If you really want it, you can get it now (see above), and if you don't want to put in the extra work/risk to do that, then it's obviously not worth it to you.  As the old saying goes, a watched pot never boils.  Go along your normal business, forget there's an update at all.  Maybe set some event in mid-February to alert you that you should follow-up with Sprint about not having received it.  Until then, enjoy the fact that you aren't spending 10, 20, 30, or more minutes every single day until then obsessing about something that really doesn't matter all that much in the scheme of things.

That is all.

Journeyman

I bet your "friends" come to you with all their problems... Huh

Journeyman

Actually, they do.  I'm a great listener and try not to judge anyone.  I understand that some people are anxious about getting this, maybe because I've been there many times before.  So, I have some perspective from being there many times, so thought I'd share that.  I'm not trying to mock anyone or tell them their concerns are trivial, so if it comes off like that I apologize.  But I do think that people could save themselves a lot of stress by simply either moving on and forgetting about the update until your phone notifies you, or going out and taking action by getting the update.  The third option, which is what many have been doing here, is stressing out about it and writing about how fed up they are here and a few other places online, which I suppose makes one feel slightly better that you got something off your chest, but if you need to do this daily or every few days, then, it's probably not a sustainable solution right?  But heck, if people prefer being angry about it to either putting it out of their mind or to actually updating their phone manually, well, I guess it's their choice.  It's not mine, and although I don't really understand why someone would make that choice, if that makes them happy (or angry as the case may be ;-), that's up to them. 

Wizard

Lol.  You guys are humorous.

I think that's about all the talk I can take about a Marshmallow update that is out,  but not,  but out,  but not..

Here's to hoping you all get the update soon. 

I'm out. Unsubscribe. 

Journeyman

First thing I want to say is you are absolutely mistaken when you say a couple of weeks to a couple of months is the norm for an update push. Sorry that is simply not true and you making things up. 7-8 days has always been the norm and we are way past that now. My only issue with this is that Sprint shouldn't be stating updates are available and will reach all phones in "several" days. Most people consider several to be just 4 or 5 days. I'm out now too.

Journeyman

I installed the Marshmallow update on my phone three days ago. I consistently am getting the "Unfortunately, home has stopped" error notification when I return home from any other application. I never had this before the update. I have tried all sorts of things to remedy this situation. Rebooting, emptying caches, etc. Nothing has worked. Any suggestions from someone else who has had similar problems and have stopped the error from appearing. I wish I had waited to install the update.

Wizard

You cleared data and force stopped the 'Home' app in Settings>Apps,  right? Or it might be something like 'LG Home'.

Journeyman

Thank you Volte2018-

Yes, I cleared the data and cache on LG Backup Launcher and Home Selector and  force stopped both. Still same error.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat