cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lg g4 marshmallow update

Journeyman

Re: Lg g4 marshmallow update

I received it just after midnight, 1am 1/8. Im in fl but I really don't think that has anything to do with it. I'm a little leary to install it after all I'm hearing on here. Lol. It should be fine. I've already been down the vert screen freezing road. This one has been fine. I guess if it does cause any issues, I'll do a factory reset. I'll let ya know.

Journeyman

Glad you finally got it.Just out of curiosity, what state are you in?

Journeyman

California

Journeyman

Does anyone know where this "doze" feature is located? Can't find it anywhere. Thanks

Journeyman

Definitely doesn't have anything to do with area.

Journeyman

Anyone curious about the "doze" feature; [inappropriate link removed]

"This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines:  http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!"
Message was edited by: TheModerator

Larryt1971 wrote:

If some people are waiting for 4-6 weeks for an update than Sprint's system is really sucky and needs to be overhauled.  I think a new system needs to be invented so that everyone can get it the same time.  It's unacceptable in my opinion to give the update to some users in 2 or 3 days and make others wait months.  Especially when they promose it in just 'several days' to everyone.

All the updates for Android phones come from Google's servers. Even the Nexus phones that get updates direct from Google don't get the updates all at once. The rollout process starts slow to avoid causing major issues if there is a problem with the update. As the updates go out and there are no issues, the amount of phones that get them is increased over time until it is 100%. There are some phones that take forever to get notified and some even that never get notified for some reason...on all carriers, not just Sprint.

mlbogo2 wrote:

Update.  After a few days, the I've noticed the following.  The battery drains a faster than before.  I have not found the "doze" function to make sure it is set properly.  If someone can tell me how to turn that on, it would be great as it was supposed to extend the battery life.  In addition, at least once a day, the phone battery heats up to over 100 degrees.  Much hotter than before.  Also, I use Dolphin as my main browser.  After the update, it no longer resizes the page to fit the screen after zooming.   Other apps seem fine.

The doze function is built into the OS, there is no where to enable it or disable it. Sounds like you have an app keeping your phone awake all the time.

Journeyman

Installed late last night and so far so good! The doze feature seems to make a def difference by shutting down apps when not in use. I attached a link in another post that explains the doze feature. Very informative on that topic. It also seems if you get your settings adj rt, that it really helps with battery drain also. Phone is def more responsive. I haven't had any of the problems others have mentioned. Thankfully!

Journeyman

My phone is working great so far. No complaints. Will report back in a week or so if anything changes.

Journeyman

Y'all must be on the west coast it haven't even reach on the east coast yet

Journeyman

While updating my phone became frozen on the sprint yellow screen  and now has a constant blue light. I have done the basic how to fix its  and it is still frozen. Ideas?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat