Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is stuck on the LG logo screen

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone is stuck on the LG logo screen

I was in the middle of sending a text message last night and the phone turned off and won't turn back on. I've removed the battery and tried turning it on but it just loops on the LG life's good screen. HELP

143 REPLIES 143
Journeyman

Re: My phone is stuck on the LG logo screen

Having the same issue.

Journeyman

Same issue here, it is currently being evaluated by Sprints "techs." They want to charge me $75 if they cannot do anything which is ridiculous.

GrandMaster

what are the first 3 numbers of your serial number? there was a bad batch of devices that were sent out that were being exchanged for proper working devices. it was any device prior to a certain date. the Sprint repair stores would know if your device is one of the ones that needed swapped out or not.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I don't have the box on me, but the manufacture date was May 2015

GrandMaster

k that would be one of the ones. if im remembering right it was random devices prior to Sept. its in a couple of the other threads in this forum here. so take it in. tell them about the known issue and have them check to see if your device is one of them. more than likely it is..what theyre supposed to do is replace it out with another G4 that is either not having these issues or from a date after the Sept ones. no TEP needed for this to happen.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yeah I'm pretty sure TEP has nothing to do with it. I'm picking it up later today to see what they're gonna say. If they make me pay I'm just gonna send it back to LG

Journeyman

My number is 505 which from what I understand was the bad batch. I took my phone in yesterday and they told me they couldn't do anything and had to order a new one that will be delivered Friday. He claimed they hadn't had any issues with the LG G4...maybe he was just unaware of any issues. I ended up losing everything...over 1000 pictures, all my contacts...lesson learned, BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!!!

Journeyman

Did you have to pay anything? They want me to pay $75 for a new one.

GrandMaster

yeah..helps if they read the internal notes lol. ALL the repair stores should have this info..will also depend on whether its an actual Sprint repair store or a 3rd party one that just says sprint outside on the building. those ones are privately owned. they are supposed to either replace the phone you have with one in stock OR they end up ordering you a replacement. if they try to push it through your insurance and charge you the 200 dont do it..that isnt how its supposed to work. this is a well documented issue  with a small batch of devices.

Journeyman

They didn't say anything about me paying. I have insurance on it. It's on it's way too me and I have to return the crap one. I went to an actual repair store. Not a third party.  The guy was nice enough.. Just didn't help me much lol

GrandMaster

the 3rd party ones will also say Sprint so at times its hard to tell if they are corporate or not. sweet..so at least the one you went to is doing what they were supposed to do. before you leave double check the serial number to see if you get a different date or not. if its the same point this out to them and request they make notes on your account in case the issues pop up on the new one.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat