cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is stuck on the LG logo screen

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: My phone is stuck on the LG logo screen

i did all that this morning and it didnt work. im guessing it was either maintenance or they did a update and ran into issues mainly with FF and this site.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I had the LG G4 boot loop back in Sept and the store treated me like I was trying to get away with something. They gave me a terrible time and after two hours waiting, they finally told me they would have to get me a refurb to replace it. The date code on the phone was 505 and the replacement was 505. I know now what really happened but I to this day have random reboots and issues with the refurb G4 and all the store ever want to do is to do a factory reset. I havent complained much this year yet but I am not going to wait another year with this faulty phone for my contract to run out. I'm a 20 year Sprint customer and am going to drop Sprint very soon. I also will never buy an LG phone again after what they tried to do during the issues. They knew there was a problem and refused to do anything. The only thing left to do is to just take my business elsewhere!

Journeyman

Well, I'm glad to see someone got their phone replaced. I was told mine couldn't be replaced by my Sprint store. Which I don't understand, I'm leasing the phone. I shouldn't have to deal with LG and their defective phones. The customer service at my local Sprint store has just gone way down. I have 6 lines on my account, been with Sprint for 15 years, ready to take them all somewhere else.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Did you visit a Service & Repair location and did the store provide a reason why it couldn't be replaced?

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.

Random reboots are generally related to 3rd party apps causing a conflict. Place your phone in Safe Mode to see if it continues to see if you still have random reboots... if yes, take it to a Sprint service and repair location.

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I went in there it my phone stuck on the LG screen. They came to me and told me it is a known defect. But there is nothing they can do about it. I have to contact LG, who said I need to send my phone in, it will take 7-9 days for them to fix it and that doesn't include shipping. Sorry, I'm moving within the next 2 weeks. I can't wait that long. My new employer can't get a hold of me, I have medical and school records to request, rent my truck, I haven't even heard back from the place I'm supposed to be renting. She is going to call tomorrow.

People just don't care about customer service anymore. No one has to care what I'm going through right now, that's fine. But I guarantee At&t or Verizon or whoever will, if I bring all 6 of my lines over there. Plus I'll probably add another one for my son. And I can get that all taken care of tonight or tomorrow, and we can all keep our same phone numbers... Just no LG phones. And I guess finally say goodbye to Sprint. To bad when you have a loyal customer...

Please send me a private message of the Sprint Service & Repair location visited.

Thanks,

Blue

Journeyman

Well, a rep told me on Wednesday I'd be getting a new phone. Since then I've had no confirmation or any other communication indicating I was actually getting the new phone. The rep told me the phone would be here by Friday. Now it's Saturday, and still nothing. This is just incredible - every time I think the service I'm getting can't get worse, it does. I wonder what the early cancellation fee on my phone is.

EDIT: now I am talking to technical support again, and they are saying the first rep never actually ordered the replacement. It just keeps getting better and better.

Journeyman

"New" or "replacement"?

My replacement is a refurbished phone (it said "pre-owned" on the box).  However, you'd never know from looking at it.  It does for all intents and purposes look to be brand new.

I'm not sure if it's the newer Android version on it or not, but my newer one doesn't seem as responsive as the older one.

Sprint Social Care

R-Dub

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I would like to further assist you, click here and send me a Private Message. Please include your phone number and security PIN.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My phone is also stuck on the lg screen and will now and then go to the sprint logo.  I went to my local sprint store and they said I had to go to the one in Olympia 25 minutes away.  They said its a software issue and that they other store would just swap it out.  I then called the store in Olympia before driving that to see if they actually had one to do that with.  She said I can't believe they said that to you and gave me the LG customer number because I have to do it through the company.  Ok so I called her and that lady who didn't understand me to well sent me a link to my email.  I got on a computer since I don't have a phone and looked it up so I could get how I am supposed to send my phone back.  The website then tells me sorry the repair center or recall is down until June 5th.  No one ever helped me with a loaner phone.  I pay over 350 sometimes 400 for 4 people on the framily plan and I am being treated like this??? I get the run around and no phone for what I pay.  It doesn't make sense.  I just need a phone. So I am here trying to figure out my options considering I can't afford to pay to get out of this stupid contract I guess if I go to T-mobile I could but all I really want is a phone.  I have been with sprint at least 10 years and pay my bill however steep it is hearing these people talk about their cell phone bills and how much lower theirs is.  I have been loyal and I am getting nothing in return. 

Journeyman

I had the same issue last August/September and after 6 months of fighting sprint I finally sent this to a sprint person on this forum:  "LG Electronics has been made aware of a booting issue with the LG G4 smartphone that has now been identified as resulting from a loose contact between components. Customers who are experiencing booting issues with their LG G4s should contact their local carrier from where the G4 was purchased or a nearby LG Service Center (www.lg.com/common) for repair under full warranty."

If you received your phone through a carrier then they should replace it. They just did for me after several months of complaining. They denied there was a problem for 6 months until I asked them to tell me this is not true after showing the above statement from LG.

Good Luck

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat