cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is stuck on the LG logo screen

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: My phone is stuck on the LG logo screen

No, I don't have the phone I had prior to this one. It was swapped out by the Green Bay store on Oneida St. But as well as the buttons not working on the bottom, I haven't been getting any service for the last few days. Again, I'm out of town for work. It's absolutely ridiculous these things keep happening. I can understand maybe one phone having an issue but two phones within less than 2 months of each other? Come on. Not to mention, I've just been reviewing my bills for the last 6 months and it really is amazing to me, how each month it increases. Some of it,I understand why, other things, I don't see my family or friends bills going up each month at Verizon or U.S. Cellular. I was calm the other day, now with the service issue and my billing issues, I'm irrate. No way this should be happening. Does Sprint want their customers to continue to leave? Especially their long term customers? I get the feeling they don't care if the whole company goes under. All I know is I'm not going to continue paying for this crappy LG G4,for the remainder of the lease. Why should I pay for something that does not work appropriately? If you lease a car, and have problems, you take it in, get it fixed or they give you a different one. And I've been told to many different things about the insurance, that's why I don't have it. It has never been explained completely accurate. So, sprint can work with me on my issues or I'll be going in with all of my 6 lines over the weekend dropping them on the counter and telling them, it's not you personally but take a flying leap. After I establish service with Verizon.

Journeyman

Well after dealing with Sprint all day about this issue and absolutely no help Just the run around and told it was my fault because there was a small chip on the very outer edge of my phone causing this issue. Completely not  willing to listen or even care as she was texting during our conversation. I am not buying another junk phone.....

AS THE COMMERCIAL SAYS...........SPRINT YOU HAVE MADE IT SO EASY FOR ME TO SWITCH. GOODBYE

Wizard

A small chip on the phone shouldn't be causing this. There's known issues with the G4, have you contacted LG because I have heard that they are replacing the phones with issues.

Journeyman

I Did talk to lg but I have to send them the phone and they can fix it and send it back To me but it would take about 2 weeks. And also I know the chip does not cause the issue I'm having but the so called tech at the sprint store swears it is. She was also texting the whole time I was trying to get help. So my guess is she blamed the chip so she could focus on her texting without me bothering her. Just the whole customer service thing seems non existent with sprint. I called a couple times trying to get a different answer and went into the store itself and nobody seemed to care. Just this whole deal put a bad taste in my mouth about this company. Especially since this problem is a manufacturer problem and not a sprint problem. You would think sprint would put pressure on them to put out a better product and be more than willing to send them back all the bad phones instead of sticking up for them. That's how things work these days I suppose.

Journeyman

Yeah I would be helpful if I had my old phone but that one was stuck on the LG logo screen. I've made up my decision. I am on my way home from being out of town for work tomorrow I will go into Verizon inactive 6 new lines there. Then going to Sprint and say here you go take all these phones and shove it the way you treat customers after how many years of service is ridiculous. And because of this my sisters and my mom I have also decided to leave Sprint. It may just be a few people right now but when you tell the horror stories people think wow that could happen to me and I don't want to deal with that and then they'll leave too. And I even have a 22 or 24% discount through my work but that is certainly not going to make me stay it's about customer service we wouldn't even be in business if we did not provide the right customer service. And I don't think Sprint should be any more either. NASCAR needs to find a new sponsor.

Wizard

Sadly, yes. It is a major pain to send back your phone to the manufacturer. Especially since it's not just Sprint.

Wizard

Sprint announced that it was leaving NASCAR several years ago. Contract is up at the end of the season.

Highlighted
Journeyman

what a shame how they're all handling this situation differently per customer

GrandMaster

looks like verizon is running into the same issues with their G4. im reading some of their threads now over there. so it would seem its not just one carrier having this issue..and from the looks of some of the other threads its being handled pretty much the same as it is here..case by case

lg g4 stuck in bootloop

This question is Not Answered.

wmckinnon50

So this morning while getting ready for work, my G4 decided to go in to a bootloop. I've been trying all day to figure out what is wrong.All I did was go to check a sports score when it started. I've pulled the battery numerous times, I've restarted it into bootloader, but when I try any of the commands, it just goes back in to the bootloop. Any ideas? Thank you.

•    
  •     

1.  Re: lg g4 stuck in bootloop

JoeMikeKnight

I seen tons of reports about this. From what I understand, if you have a phone manufactured before September 2015 then the boot loop is likely caused by a physical motherboard issue. The only fix I seen is replacement. I heard you can either look up the serial on your battery or download the LG info app to determine your phone's manufactured date.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

which this isnt the first time i have heard of the motherboard being mentioned..some even getting switched out by LG...but i believe LG is the only one that can actually switch out the MB.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

So are the newer G4's still having this problem? I received a system update yesterday morning; after installing I got stuck in bootloop and now it won't turn on at all. Pulled battery, pulled SD, pulled sim, plugged into wall (it DID actually charge last night), plugged into computer, no amount of coaxing will get it to power on at all.

Thing is, this phone was manufactured in Dec 15 and was a replacement for an earlier one (I upgraded in Aug 15) that croaked earlier this year. When mine croaked, the local Sprint store made me pay $75 to get a refurb. Both my wife's and one daughter's G4 both got replaced for free last fall when they died.

So I'm going to pop into the local Sprint store after work and see what they say. I'm less than a year into my 2 year contract and this is not making me happy. Four lines, four G4s on my bill. Love the phone and everything about it except this reliability issue.

Message was edited by: Evildad53

BTW, when my wife's died, she had to send it back to LG to get a replacement, but she had one in under a week. (they turned it around same day, so you know it wasn't a repair but a replacement) When I went through the Sprint store, it took two weeks.

GrandMaster

from, what i can tell the affected ones were only within that certain date code. i have yet to see anyone post in here or on the site itself with the newer serial number date codes with any issues other than the random ones that pop up with pretty much any device out there.

did the serial number match up with the prior one your wife had? they might have done a board swap in the phone which wouldnt take to long to do for them..then again they might have also just did a full phone swap so they had the problem phones in hand for testing etc.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat