Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is stuck on the LG logo screen

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: My phone is stuck on the LG logo screen

fireguy_6364 wrote:

did the serial number match up with the prior one your wife had? they might have done a board swap in the phone which wouldnt take to long to do for them..then again they might have also just did a full phone swap so they had the problem phones in hand for testing etc.

I don't know, I didn't note the S/N at the time. Since I'm seeing new posts here with the bootloop issue, I thought maybe the problem had not been resolved fully.

GrandMaster

most are still posting the old numbers though..its weird how some it affected and some it didnt..i think some of the newer posters that are reporting it still have the odd ball batch but their issues didnt start up until just recently.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Once again my LG g4 is stuck on the main screen, this is after I already rcvd a different one just in May. Yes, I understand it is LG's issue, however, it is not our issue, we shouldn't have to deal with LG. Sprint should assist their customer's and then deal with LG.

I am out of town training for work. My dad was rushed to the Emergency Room with a possible stroke, this is the only means of communication I have with my son. I fell Monday at work before I left for training, injured my right foot and left knee, my Grandfather called me over and over again last night could not reach me, got extremely worried, called my daughter and aunt who could not get a hold of me either.

I called the local Sprint store here in Madison, WI- they don't have any LG G4's in stock, REALLY? Well, I wouldn't want another LG G4. I will not pay for the balance I have due on the phone. The two people I "chatted" with from Sprint last night, were extremely rude. They could careless about my situation. But I guess, why would they? My Dad could pass away, or could have and I wouldn't know. When I asked them that, they just said I'm sorry for your situation. What good does that do me?

I've been a LOYAL SPRINT CUSTOMER FOR 14 YEARS, I've almost always had at least 3 lines or more. Currently, I have 6. I can not stand Sprint customer service anymore. I will go to Verizon, get all new phones, and have them pay off our contracts.

Anyone with this same issue, SPRINT WILL DO THE SAME THING TO YOU. They don't care about you, or what issue you may have. Time to find a company who cares about their customers.

Journeyman

That really sucks.... I hope everyone and you are okay.

IVe got got a thread going through the same thing with sprint. My experience has been less than satisfactory. Much less....

I Hope they make it right.

Journeyman

Just wanted to give my 2 cents regarding Sprint and LG and the G4.  I signed the lease on my phone last July like all of the other unlucky people. My phone went in to “bootlock” mode on August 31st 2016.  I have been without a phone completely since that day.  I have called Sprint numerous times and been into the local store twice. The best advice I received was last week someone at Sprint told me I should turn on another line to my service, get a new phone for that line and then return it and shut the line off when I got my phone back from LG.  I have been a Sprint customer for over 12 years.  They have not offered me a loaner, or a temporary phone once.  I have been told numerous times that since this is a manufacturers issue Sprint cannot help.  I pay $220/month for three lines and this is the best they could do. Extremely disappointed in Sprint customer service and Support.  I have had countless calls dropped, been transferred numerous times only to get to another computerized voice.  I would advise anyone who is reading this to do what I intend to do and leave Sprint as quickly as possible.  I have a coworker with Verizon who received a new phone within a day of calling for repair. They sent a prepaid shipper and took care of their customer. Sprint did not and has not given me the impression that they care about their customers.

GrandMaster

when did you originally purchase this phone?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Original purchase was July 1st, 2015.  Serial number was 505.

GrandMaster

then they have internal notes on this exact issue and what needs to be done. mention the internal notes.

Journeyman

Hi Gary,

This is similar to my issue - I am on my 2nd LG4 after it froze, then wouldn't come back on.  There was nothing they could do.  The first time it happened, they gave me a loaner phone that was archaic to say the least, and had duct tape holding the battery in.  I couldn't believe it.  Their customer service couldn't understand what I was trying to tell them the issue was.  I couldn't understand his accent and he couldn't understand my English.  I have been a customer with Sprint for 14 years.  I have been without a phone (again) for 2 weeks.  Using my work phone now.  So disappointed. 

GrandMaster

same answer to you

Journeyman

My phone bricked as well.

Sprint just blew it unbelievably. First of all, I've been having really slow data service for literally years. Then on Sunday, an OTA update bricked my non-rooted, 100% stock phone. I had to go into the store, they couldn't fix or replace it there. They said they'd 'ship me a new device', they shipped it to the store. They didn't give me a tracking number, they didn't give me notification that it had shipped, when it was supposed to arrive or when it arrived at the store (and I checked about an hour after it was delivered). I had to burn 3 hours of personal time during work to take care of this.

Then, the kicker, they took my "new" refurb, took the old battery out of the old phone, snapped it in and handed it to me with 0% charge. Bravo. Full failure from start to finish. I didn't break it, and replacing it was a bitch. Thank god I didn't have to pay for it.

Verizon is offering $350 or more for transfer customers based on device. I'm shopping on their page right now.

Sprint Social Care

Hello DuctTape

Sorry to read about your trouble trying to replace your device. we want to help. We sent you a Private Message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat