cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is stuck on the LG logo screen

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: My phone is stuck on the LG logo screen

i have just gone through this  with my local service center  my phone was still under factory warrenty   so  he  did activate a second line for me  for a loaner  that cost me a whole $8 and change  the taxe the phone  a tribute 5  although not quite the  quality of the g4( when working)  i was very impressed with the guy at sprint  .... now lg on the other hand sucks but they  told me 7-9  business days    from the time they recive my old one and  they  would "fix " it and send back  no take my old one  send me a new on  sorry for the troubles  no let me upgrade you to   a g5   just take what we give  you and suck it up ...... that said i am staying with sprint  but   have already   paid the last of my lease and got an gs7 

Journeyman

my phone is stuck on the lg screen as well. I had to buy a new battery. and it still does nothing.

Journeyman

Yeah, they'll have to replace it.

Sprint Social Care

Hello MrDickinson

We can definitely help you here. We sent you a Private Message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This is my second G4 and this on shutdown and will not start. Sometimes it will go to LG logo screen and no further.  My serial number starts with 512. Is this another bootloop error phone!

Master

Hi jpbailey80, so sorry to hear you are experiencing device problems. This could be due to the boot loop issue.

Our recommendation is to visit a repair store where one of our expert repair technicians have the tools and equipment to assist you.

You can find a store and plan a visit using the Sprint Zone App on your smartphone, or on sprint.com at sprintstorelocator.com

Thank you for taking the time to post one the Sprint Community.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care Team.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

I did that and the guy tried to turn it on. It would only get to LG logo screen or not come on at all. He took a picture of my driver’s license (WHY!). Why does sprint need a picture of my driver’s license? I told him I would never buy another LG phone and then he said you don’t have the insurance to I can sell you and then he said another LG phone for $24 more a month. I had just told him I did not want another LG phone. This phone must be out of warranty but it is a known problem and this is my second phone that may have failed for the same problem!

Master

jpbailey80, allow us to look further into this matter. Please reply to the private message I sent you.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

I looked in my private messages on this page and I do not have one?

Sprint Social Care

Hello jpbailey80.

Thanks for reaching out. Apparently you have an LG G4 that has the Loop problem. if this is the case, this is what you should do:

The device can not have any physical damage. This means that if the device has a cracked screen or water damage, the device may not be replaced.

The device has to be inspected by one of our in store technicians at your local Corporate Sprint Store ( the diagnosis can take up to two hours). Once it is determined that the issue is in fact the loop problem, a replacement device can be ordered ( this can take 2-5 to arrive).

For a store near you visit Sprint.com/storelocator  

If you are still having trouble, we can help you locate a store and help you with the process. Send us a private message, Just click on my name and then select “send a message"

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Today, while typing text message, screen went black.  Rebooted phone.  Nothing.  Took out battery several times for as long as 15 minutes increments.  Phone stuck on LG logo screen or booting loop.  Called Sprint.  First question upon hearing problem "How long ago did you purchase the phone?"  I responded "not sure what difference it makes.  For what its worth, phone purchased 16 months ago, have 8 months left on the lease and maininly, purchase this phone because the Optima locked up and Sprint could not open."  Seems like Sprint is pushing newer phones and newer/extended contracts. $$$$$$$$$  

Reading reviews and found out the the S/N 509 may be defective.  Since typing his post, phone seems to have gotten past the boot loop and now I able to resume using my phone.  NOt sure whether this is a one time occurrence or the beginning of more booting loops.  Anywho,  given these problems with a 16 month old, much consideration is needed whether to purchase the phone at end of lease, stay with sprint or look to other horizons.

BTW, as I concluded my post, the LG G4 is automatically booting itself.  Uhmmmm.

Master

brenda7425, thank you for posting on the Sprint Community. I know that having a non working phone is a big inconvenience, this problem could be happening due to a variety of reasons. Our recommendation is to take the phone to a Sprint repair center to have it diagnosed and troubleshooted by one of our technicians there.

You can find a store on the Sprint Zone App on your smartphone, or on sprint.com at sprintstorelocator.com

Ina.

Sprint Social Care Team.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat