cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is stuck on the LG logo screen

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: My phone is stuck on the LG logo screen

Yeah, I understand.  Judging by what my phone is doing, I am pretty sure that my issue is the same as what everyone else is dealing with, but they obviously need to diagnose it themselves.  So I guess I should try bringing the phone by there today after work.  Is it normal that they would not be willing to replace my phone with one of the typically stocked phones in the store?  Is there anything I can do to fight that so that I am not waiting for multiple days/weeks without a phone?

Ive also called Sprint's general "Tech" support and that was even more of a joke, but Im not really surprised.  First they guy told me I was having network issues.  Then after I explained it is a known hardware issue from LG he tried to explain to me that it is actually a software issue.  Once I really spelled it out, he told me to just take it to the repair center and said I would have to pay $75 since I don't have insurance.

GrandMaster

you dont have to pay if you dont have insurance with this issue. that was one of the main things explained in their notes. and from what i can tell no they dont replace it with the devices the store has. everything i have heard was they order the replacement.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Oh I know, I have read about there not being a required TEP for this issue, too.  I was just reiterating what I was told on the phone to show that there is yet another person being given the run around and false information on what seems to be becoming a pretty wide spread issue.  Im just wary about them ordering me a replacement phone that is obviously not the same as what is being sold as a new device.  So, what that makes me think is I am getting another phone that falls into the category of G4's that are known to have this potential issue.  Therefore, there is a good chance I will just end up with the same problem again.  That rubs me the wrong way.

Do I have any grounds to fight on since I am actually leasing the phone from Sprint.  By the contract, Sprint actually owns the phone, not me.  Obviously, if I were to have broken the phone, then it would be my responsibility to pay for it.  In this case, though, it was not anything that I did to the phone that is causing it to malfunction.  It is hardware malfunction. 

GrandMaster

im not to sure how the replacements work out honestly. odds are they are devices tested through LG themselves. if i were to guess they are either devices that came out AFTER the issue date or they are devices that were sent back to LG..LG fixed said  issues by changing out the board or whatever was the cause..tested..then deemed working.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I went to a corporate store that initially told me to wait until they had stock and they expedited a replacement for me. I was on my way home when I got a call saying they had a replacement waiting for me :). Normally its a 3 to 5 business day waiting period, so I was surprised. The device appears to be a new issue, not a refurb.

GrandMaster

excellent. wasnt sure how it was taken care of...just the process of how it needs be be done lol.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Glad to hear you were taken care of .....

Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Mine is the same way but its 507

Journeyman

I was not taken care of by sprint...  2 customer service associates assured me everything would be taken care of and then their tech associates just b.s me.  After the second go around, I contacted LG and they had my phone shipped for free, repaired under warranty, and shipped back to me in less than a week.  Luckily I had an old phone to use, but it got me thinking, if our phones have a year manufacturer warranty on them and Sprint charges either their TEP or 75 dollars for something the manufacturer will fix for free, then how much extra money are they making off of everyone that has a phone issue that doesn't involve water damage or a cracked screen.  Just letting you guys know that LG is another route you can go if Sprint gives you the run around

GrandMaster

Sprint would make zero money off it. the TEP insurance youre paying for is actually going to another company called Asurion. same company that is used by the other carriers. Sprint only transfers your money you pay on the TEP to them.

Journeyman

No business transfers money without taking a fee for themselves, but it would be nice that if Sprint helped RGA's and warranty claims through the manufacturer in the 1 year warranty phase and only charge for accidental, then after that period of time, you can opted for a higher plan.  On another note, if one customer service associate promises you something, then the company should stand behind it, and then correct that behavior on their end, never nice dealing with 2-faces.

GrandMaster

all i can recommend is jumping into some of the other carriers sites and in their search bar type in asurion..make sure to be sitting down..you'll have a LOT to read on that subject lol.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat