Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is stuck on the LG logo screen

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: My phone is stuck on the LG logo screen

I woke up this morning to my G4 stuck on the LG logo screen.  Searching for the cause, I found this is a massive problem with all G4s... the "boot loop".  LG calls it the "Infinite loop auto power off" (ILAPO) issue.

My G4 was 9 months old and under warranty. (no insurance or TEP).  I brought it to a Sprint store and after looking at it for 5 minutes, they ordered me a replacement.  I'll report back on Thursday when it is in.

The last backup on my G4 was from the beginning of Feb.  Usually I back it up (Titanium Backup) every month. And wouldn't you know I changed lots of apps in the last 6 weeks.  Since there is no way to get it to turn on, I can't get any new backups.  Luckily all my photos, contacts, etc are all in Google, so nothing there was lost.

Meanwhile I'm stuck using my old G2, where the GPS is completely unreliable.

I'll have to think hard before every buying LG again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having a similar issue - now on my 2nd motherboard for the LG4. I haven't had a chance to take it into the store yet, but I hope they will be as helpful to me as they seem to have been for you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

All 3 of the G-4's i leased did this. Sprint replaced mine free of charge. My one son jad dropped his so he had to use TEP. My other son leased a different phone.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

R-Dub

Thank you for stopping by. The store reps will kindly review your phone and replace it if it qualifies for. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, we are here to assist.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

The Sprint stores were completely unhelpful. There are two stores where I live, and they each said I'd have to go to the other one to get help. This is absolutely pathetic. I am calling Sprint Care and hoping we can resolve this, or I will cancel the contract.

Highlighted
Master

R-Dub,

We very much appreciate your business and would like to further assist you.

Please click this link to send me a private message. Include your name, Sprint phone number, security PIN or the answer to the security question associated with your account.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Were either of the stores a Sprint service & repair location?

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Honestly, I could not get a straight answer on this question. Each store seemed to think the other was a service center, but they were not. It was really surprising just how bad the service I received was. I am on the phone now with a technical support rep who is also trying to figure out which (if either) is a service location.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Please send me a private message of the 2 stores you visited along with as much detail from the store visit's as possible.

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm happy to say I got my replacement G4 today.

I'm unhappy that it is a refurb.  It said pre-owned on the box.  The person helping me assured me it was brand new because it was still wrapped in "original LG" plastic.

I didn't think to look when at the store, but now at home I just checked to see that it's s/n starts with 505... that's the ones with this problem the worst.

Also: where do I report that this forum software is broken?  I can read as long as I don't login.  When I go login with either FireFox or Chrome, I only get blank pages.  I had to open this in IE (again) just to post.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

they were working on the site this morning. FF wasnt working at all up until just now.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I cleared all the cookies for sprint.com and now FireFox works again while I'm logged in.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat