cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supposedly sim unlocked phone says "invalid sim" with non-Sprint sim

Journeyman

Re: Supposedly sim unlocked phone says "invalid sim" with non-Sprint sim

I had reps try unlocking my phone several times and they could never seem to do it. Would have one rep claim that it was unlocked, then the next would say that they could see from their end that it still wasn't. No idea why it's such a problem. I'm sure many people before have had their G4 unlocked just fine.

So in the end, I gave up and literally had to buy a new phone just to use my new service. Guess it was Sprint's last "screw you". Still cheaper in the long run to pay for the new phone than continue with Sprint's service, though. I switched to Mint for $15/month.

GrandMaster

but was it attempted by an agent in here or over the phone/via chat? the agents in here have better abilities to handle such things compared to the call in agents.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same **bleep** issue. Sprint doesnt know how to solve the authentication errror that pops up when you do the unlock uicc. They tell us phone is unlocked, even though i know it hasnt been since the uicc unlock procedure hasnt downloaded an update and the phone and hasnt rebooted. I have literally called sprint like 30 times by now. They look at my history and tell me that you have already contacted us many times and it seems like we cant help you. If possible it would be great if sprint could at least reflash my phone with ls997 zv3 or zv4 or zv5 or zv6 kdz since the rom is not made available online and these security patched allow the bootloader usage to flash custom roms.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat