cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with LG!?

GrandMaster

Re: What is going on with LG!?

there was only one thread i came across that mentioned this..i doubt you'll get a full confirmation from Sprint..you can probably find something on the LG site though since this was by far their mess up. unless it was purchased prior to that date and has the same issues mentioned it wont be exchanged..im sure tons of people ran straight in there with devices that did NOT meet any of this then threw a fit and posted about it...theyre not just swapping out any G4. it must hit all the things mentioned. if i run across that thread i'll post the link in here.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

This is an article I found at Techaeris.com. Mine doesn't appear to be defective but will my phone go bad in time? That is my concern since this article is stating that any phone manufactured before Oct. 5 all have the hardware issue.  Sprint is kind enough to allow you to replace it within the standard 14 day period (probably with a restock fee) in which you can return anyway for any reason.  Taken with a grain of salt since I've never even heard of this webite until I did a Google search on the issue and neither Sprint or LG are saying anything official, that I can find.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an OEM ever recall one of their flagship devices, so this is somewhat mind blowing to me. After doing a bit of research, it looks like LG is recalling some of their LG G4 devices, more specifically Sprint versions. A user named “hello1M” – who appears to be a Sprint worker – went to the XDA Developers forums and asked around if anyone else knew about this issue of the G4 being recalled.

It looks like the reason for the device being recalled is due to the “screen splitting down the middle and then becoming unresponsive”. Reading further into all this, any LG G4 prior to October 5th (today), all have the hardware issue. Odd hearing about this issue now as the phone has been out since April this year.

Sprint at the moment is allowing customers to return the device if you’re within the 14 day grace period, but if you’re finding this out after the 14th day, you can take it to a Sprint store, but you cannot return it. It will be handled through Sprint’s Service and Repair.

Journeyman

I did see this post ^
When I went in to the Sprint repair store on 10/8/15 the guy there told me if I had taken my phone in sooner I would have gotten my G4 replaced with a Galaxy S6 since they had done a recall on those phones. Which i didn't hear about anywhere.

Journeyman

There is a thread on XDA that has a lot of information on the problem.  What I'm reading is that the phone needs to exhibit certain problems and the repair shop has to witness such problems before a replacement can be done.  Even though phones manufactured before a certain date are ones that could be defective apparently all are not.  Is there a way to confirm that my phone is not defective? No major issues with mine but would be nice to know I'm not using a defective phone that could go bad at any time. Any way to confirm this?

Journeyman

That I cannot answer.

My brother and I both got our phones in June and his has been working perfectly fine, he said he has absolutely no problems with it. Hopefully it stays that way.

GrandMaster

i know one of the big ones was bootloops. screen issues (not random..straight up screen issues contantly) and i cant remember if there were any others that needed to be met.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I understand completely, you are just as in the dark as I.  My concerns are more so addressed at someone from Sprint knowing full well we will not get a straight answer from them, especially here in the forums.  The lack of information coming from Sprint or LG is disheartening.

Journeyman

Facrory or "hard" reset after all major updates. You'll save yourself a lot of grief...

Journeyman

I did do a factory reset. They told me at Sprint that the phone  was no good. Just got a second replacement last week.

Wizard

LG and Sprint worked out an agreement I'm sure on who would cover what (cost-wise), where the fault lied etc. And a plan was created.  If you have the screen split issue, the Service Center replaces your G4 at no cost to you whether or not you have the $11/$13 monthly Total Equipment Protection. If it is some of the other issues, then you either pay $0(with Total Equipment Protection) or $75 without it. That's just how it is.

Philadocious' recommendation of hard reset is what people are told to do with their smartphone problems when someone doesn't know how to fix it. I rarely have to hard reset. The hard reset doesn't apply here to G4 issues. Let's just get that out of our heads. Ah,... when people say things similar to "you should always hard reset your device after an update. It clears the cobwebs and gets the cooties out"  it's like saying "I don't really know a lot about it, but it's like pulling your battery and restarting your computer...you should just do it every once in a while"   ...they dont know why, but they sure like to repeat it. Kind of like the folks who close out their apps. They don't understand how things work on Android.

Journeyman

I agree completely, Sprint will not admit anything even when I told the Repair tech about what they were directed to to with the handleing of the G4's, his response was "how did you know that" which tells me he was well aware about it. I still have a replacement G4 with issues and Sprint keeps saying how much they care. Really?

Journeyman

If you find a good lawyer let me know. I'm tired of Sprint playing stupid. They replaced min with the same date code and its now starting to do the same things the first one did. First one died in an endless boot loop. The sprint store that I took it into was the worst experience I ever had in a retail store of any kind.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat