cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add LG G5 App Drawer - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG_G5_logo.png

g5_v.2.png

I have been a fan of LG phones since my LG G2 and I have been looking forward to receiving my G5 for awhile. One of the things I like about the LG G series is they listen to their customers and kept the microSD card slot. My other phone with no microSD card was out of storage space and I was having to delete content in order to save new pictures. I received my LG G5 yesterday and first thing I did was take a short video of what comes in the box.

What's in the Box

• LG G5 (LS-992)
  • Standard Li-Ion Battery
  • Type-C Data Cable
  • Charger
  • Important Information Booklet
  • Get Started Guide (English/Spanish)
  • SIM Card Installed
  • Wi-Fi Calling Sticker

One of the first things I noticed during the setup of my LG G5 is the lack of an App Drawer.... I do not like having my apps all over my screen and multiple pages. I tried Google Now Launcher along with a few others, although I did not like how they worked... The solution is LG SmartWorld!

App Drawer 1.PNGApp Drawer 2.PNG

LG made the LG Home & App Drawer available through LG SmartWorld app that is pre-installed on the G5 and here is how to install it on your G5.

1. Locateunnamed.pngon your G5
  2. Click See More or Close
  3. Select the Search icon
  4. Enter LG Home & app drawer in the search bar
  5. Click Download
  6. Sign in to your LG Account or create one
  7. Download will start once logged in

G5-apptray.jpg

Once the LG Home & app drawer is installed, you will need to set it as default by simply tapping Home and Set it as Default. Now your apps and icons are organized and not on every homescreen.

For more information on the LG G5, please visit  https://www.sprint.com/landings/lg-g5/index.html.

Thanks,

Blue

Your Sprint Product Ambassador team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee