cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 - Always-On Display - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG G5 - Always-On Display - Sprint Product Ambassador

LG on its latest Flagship smartphone devices has started to enable a new feature which allows a small area on the screen when the phone is off to be lit displaying notification information 24/7. This Always-on display gives users immediate information like date and time and any other notification available at a glance. The display is dimly lit with less than 30% of the lowest setting of the screen brightness. This allows the feature to remain active but use barely any battery.

Screenshot_2016-05-27-13-07-45.png

The LG Always-On Display is a feature when active does not cause the phone to be accessible it is simply a heads up display for notifications only. It becomes active when the phone screen is shut off. Though while active users do NOT have to worry about accidentally touching the screen and pocket dialing or unlocking the device. The feature allows only visibility to information but the phone still has to be unlocked to further review the notifications available.

The Always-on Display is not active by default but needs to be manually turned on. This feature can be accessed by navigating to the settings section. Slide down to access your quick buttons and select the cog wheel in the top right corner. This will bring you to your settings menu. While under the display section scroll down till you see the always-on display option. Here you can just select the radial button to turn it on. This is going to activate the feature.

Screenshot_2016-05-31-09-15-58.png 

One of features of the always on display is you can modify the display to either show the time or your signature while the screen is off. To access this feature while in the settings section scrolled down to the Always-on Display option click the 3 horizontal dots next to the name. This will enter the Always-on Display settings section. Here you can set what to show. On general heading click "set what to show" to bring up your options. Choose either time or signature. The feature defaults to time. Select the option you want and click the "SET" button in the bottom right to complete the selection. If selecting signature you will be presented a signature field to setup up your signature. Click "set signature" in the next section, here is where you will type in the name you want to appear on the device. Below is a list of optional font choices including handwriting, Roboto, LG smart, KindGothic, Friend, Travel, and Yoyo. Choose the one that appeals to you and click save when done. Now when you shut of the device screen the display will show your signature along with any notifications you may have available to view.

Screenshot_2016-05-31-09-18-24.png

Screenshot_2016-05-27-13-07-49.png Screenshot_2016-05-27-13-07-57.png Screenshot_2016-05-31-09-22-51.png Screenshot_2016-05-31-09-01-22.png

I have been using this feature for the past few days and can honestly say I do not even notice the drain on my battery. The feature does as expected as I am not always hitting my button to see if I missed anything. I know right away if I have a message or missed notification to review and know what the time is without turning on the full display.

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Disclaimer:
       The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee