cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 - Capture+ - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG G5 - Capture+ - Sprint Product Ambassador

So let me begin by stating I came from the Samsung Note 5 and one of the features I used a lot was the S-Pen Smart Select feature which allows users to take snippets of anything being displayed on the screen and then sharing them or create memos. I was trying to find an application that had this feature on the LG G5 and determined the Capture+ feature is the same style of application I was looking for. It is already a part of the LG ecosystem setup.

Capture+ is a type of screenshot option. Rather than pressing the back button and volume down key. Users simply swipe down to access the top quick buttons and Capture+ can be selected. It will take a screen shot of whatever you are viewing and then bring the capture into LG's Quickmemo+ app. Here you can just save the overall screen shot as-is or modify for what you want to keep.

Screenshot_2016-05-10-16-51-14.png

Screenshot_2016-05-22-14-19-19.png

When modifying the capture it will be turned into a memo as users can then add text, use freehand notations, or even crop the capture. Here is how this application relates to the Note 5's Smart Select feature. When selecting the "CROP" option it is highlighted indicating the feature is active. If you click the icon again a pop-up with types of crop options are given. Default is set to crop in a rectangle but you can choose circle, multi-point or even freehand.

Screenshot_2016-05-22-14-19-24.png Screenshot_2016-05-22-14-19-37.png

Using the rectangle start at the corner of where you want the snippet to begin and just create a box around what you want. Once selected you have two options click the check-mark to save the snippet as a memo where you can later modify it further with the quickmemo+ application. Or, second select the 3 vertical dots in the top right hand corner and click "Share" here you can then add the snippet to a text message, email or whatever else program you wish to use to share with.

Screenshot_2016-05-22-14-19-56.png Screenshot_2016-05-22-14-20-03.png Screenshot_2016-05-22-14-20-10.png Screenshot_2016-05-22-14-20-44.png

Using the Capture+ option helps me share quick snippets with my contacts and other social networking sites. If you are looking for a similar solution to the Note 5's S-Pen Smart Select feature this is a great option. If you never seen or heard of this feature well I hope I introduced you to something that will benefit you in some way.

Disclaimer:
     The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee