cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 - Customizing Fonts - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hey again, everyone!

(If images below appear distorted or compressed on mobile, long press on the photo and click "open in new window/tab")

I am back again with another fantastic device currently offered at Sprint, the LG G5!  The LG G5 is the successor to the wildly popular LG G4 that launched last year, and this time it is loaded with additional features and functions to cater to you!  Don't have an LG G5 yet?  Head over to www.sprint.com or your local Sprint Store to pick one up today!

One of the nice benefits of the Android OS over iOS is the ability to customize the device specifically to you and your preferences. (Please note, I have nothing against iOS, it’s just that I personally prefer the customization options in Android.  To each his or her own, however!)  The LG G5, just like many other LG devices before it, places a lot of focus on customization for the end-user.  You can change numerous aspects of this phone (natively!) so that it is unique to you and is comfortable for you to use.  Let’s look at one feature that I find quite fun: Fonts!

If you’re like me, you get bored looking at the same thing all the time.  The font on many phones is identical, or near identical, and this becomes boring.  The LG G5 allows you to change this in just a few easy steps.  Plus, you can download numerous other fonts from LG SmartWorld!  The LG G5 comes pre-loaded with six different fonts, and there is quite a variety on LG SmartWorld as well.  If you’re bored with the same font all the time, switch it up every now and again to keep your experience fresh and fun!

To access your font settings, navigate to the devices settings by pulling down the notification tray and clicking the gear icon.  From here, slide over to “Display” and then click Font Type.

Font_Settings_1.png  Font_Selection_and_Download.png

You can select from a pre-loaded font, or you can click the download arrow in the upper right to launch LG SmartWorld to download more. Note: you may need to create an LG account if you have not already created one/signed in to the LG SmartWorld application.  There are numerous FREE fonts, and there are plenty of paid fonts.  If you’re in the mood for an entire makeover, search the LG SmartWorld for themes instead, which typically include new icon images, fonts, and backgrounds.

Font_Store.pngSelect_New_Font.png

Once you’ve selected a font and installed it, you can go back to your font list and see it listed in the fonts.  Select it, and it will set it for your device.  You will immediately see it take effect and your fonts will change across all aspects of your device. Here is a comparison of before and after: 

Original_Font.pngNew_Font.png

As you can see, a small change in font make a difference in the look and feel of the device.  It keeps it fresh and fun, and it looks cool, too!  I like to switch fonts about every month or so because after a while, some are more difficult to read than others.  Once again, LG places a lot of focus on customization with the LG G5, and it is up to you to find the right customization option(s) that work for you.  The possibilities are seemingly endless. 

As always, thank you for reading, and I hope you learned something from this article. 

How often do you change your fonts or themes?  Do you have a favorite on the LG G5 yet? Let me know in the comments below!

Until next time!

~ Troy

- The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee