cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 - How to Enable Hidden Home Screen and Touch Buttons - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG G5 - How to Enable Hidden Home Screen and Touch Buttons - Sprint Product Ambassador

If you are a previous user coming from a previous version of LG device then you may be familiar with such features as QSlide and Smart Bulletin. These 2 features are also available on the LG G5 but they are NOT enabled by default. In order to enable them you have to navigate the settings menu. First access the home screen settings by long pressing your screen till options appear bellow and select "Home Screen Settings" option in the center of the other 2 options. Or slide the menu bar down and click the cog wheel in the top right hand corner. This will bring you to the Settings section of the phone. Make sure you are under the Display section and select the Home Screen option.

Under the home screen option scroll down to the bottom here you will see the option to enable the Smart Bulletin Feature. Here you can click the radial button to enable the feature or you can click the 3 vertical dots to bring you into the Smart Bulletin section. Here you can choose what you want to have the Smart Bulletin Feature display. Automatically all the features are enabled. Including LG Health, Calendar, Music, Smart Settings, and Quick Remote.

Screenshot_2016-05-30-21-16-26.png Screenshot_2016-05-30-20-16-04.png Screenshot_2016-05-30-20-16-16.png

LG Health helps you manage your health and maintain good exercise habits by keeping track of the exercise you do. Calendar displays you schedule for the day. Music allows you immediate access to play your music downloaded and installed on your phone. Smart Settings gives you the option to have things turn on/off, open, or change according to where you are or what you do. And Quickremote turns your phone into a remote control to control both TV's, cable boxes, audio systems, air conditioning and anything that can accept an IR signal. 

LGHealth.jpgCalendar.jpgMusic.jpgSmartSettings.jpgLGRemote.jpg

To enable Qslide access the devices settings menu and again select the display section and then click "Home Touch Buttons". Next, click on the button combination option. Here you are given choices to add additional buttons to your home button section. Including options such as Notifications, Capture+, and Finally QSlide. You can have a total of 5 options displayed at a time. Simply grab the icon you want to activate and drab it to the home screen bar where you would like to have it located. The features is immediately accessible in the home bar.

Screenshot_2016-05-27-13-01-53.png Screenshot_2016-05-27-13-01-56.png Screenshot_2016-05-27-13-02-00.png

QSlide allows users to immediately access features through a pop-up hover window that appears over your current active screen. Features available for use are Video, Phone, Contacts, Messaging, Calendar, Email, File Manager and Calculator. These are currently the only choices available in the QSlide feature. Users can have up to 2 Qslide apps available for view at a time. To make a Qslide app full screen simply choose the box icon in the top left corner of the QSlide app. to reduce the app back to a QSlide size choose the 3 vertical dots and choose QSlide option. This will shrink the feature down to the QSlide size.  One additional feature of the QSlide is the ability to change how opaque the box is. From solid to clear. I have used the Qslide feature many times for when i need quick access to both my calendar and my calculator. These are my top go to apps. But I bet you will learn to love this feature as much as I do.

Screenshot_2016-05-30-21-29-13.png Screenshot_2016-05-27-13-03-30.png

So remember while both the QSlide Feature and Smart Bulletin are still available you have to enable them to use them.

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Disclaimer:
      The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee