cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 - Make It Your Own - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG G5 - Make It Your Own - Sprint Product Ambassador

LG has been a formidable player in the phone tech industry. I have always liked their devices. One of the most intriguing aspects of the LG Device is the ability to customize it. Make it your own with custom themes, fonts, etc. Users over time may end up getting bored looking at the same graphics and fonts and LG has created an ecosystem to allow for simply changes to create a whole new look for your device.

One of the simplest changes users can make is in regards to the FONT used. I have been asked many times, how do I change the font and figured I should give a write-up to do just that. Such a simple change will make the look of the device feel more your own.  To Change your font navigate to the settings menu. Easiest way is to slide down the top menu and select the cog wheel in the top right hand corner. While under the display tab scroll down to the FONT section. Yes there is a specific section devoted to only fonts.

Here you have 3 options Font Type, Font Size, and Bold Text. Font type when selected gives the user 6 choices of fonts to select. You can choose from Roboto, LG Smart. KindGothic, Friend, Travel, and Yoyo. I use the friend font and like the way it looks for my preference, but choose what works for you. In the next section you can select the size of the font. Here you can choose between 6 sizes from Extra Small to HUGE. I selected Large as my optimal choice. Though keep in mind if choosing HUGE this font may not be available in some applications. If you are hard of seeing it is recommended to look into the optional accessibility features available under the general tab in the settings section for additional vision assistance. Finally the last section is whether you would want the font to be BOLD or not. Here simply select the radial to activate or deactivate the feature.

Screenshot_2016-06-01-08-30-59.png Screenshot_2016-06-01-08-31-04.png Screenshot_2016-06-01-08-31-08.png

The nice thing about the font selection it is not specific to only the LG ecosystem. When changing fonts it will update any application installed that uses the devices default font. This means when changing the font locally this will also change the font within your applications as well. So enjoy playing around with the fonts and see which fits your style more. Make your phone your own and enjoy it more.

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Disclaimer:
       The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee