Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 WIFI CALLING WON'T TURN ON - why?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G5 WIFI CALLING WON'T TURN ON - why?

My brand new LG G5 wifi calling slider won't turn on. When I try to turn on wifi calling, the screen just flickers and takes me back to the same screen.  All my other devices at my house have no problem using wifi calling.

Why won't the LG G5 wifi calling work?

Message was edited by: CaptainRD

Well WIFI Calling now turns on, but it still doesn't work, meaning I can't make calls with it. Every time I try to make a call using wifi calling it tries to connect via the regular cell tower route which makes no sense since I get zero reception.  Hope they fix this soon so I can start using my phone at home..

Message was edited by: CaptainRD UPDATE 5/5/2016.  It's a Cinco De Mayo miracle!  The wifi calling on my LG G5 now works.  I think it repaired itself when I selected "DeactivateWifi Calling Service" then enable it once again.  Whatever it was, it now works.  I am loving this LG G5 even more now.  Thanks everyone who made suggestions, but it if you are having this problem try deactivating it then enabling wifi calling once again while you have a strong signal to the network.  Cheers!

Tags (5)
45 REPLIES 45
GrandMaster

Re: LG G5 WIFI CALLING WON'T TURN ON - why?

in the dialer pad type in ##72786# and let it run through the guantlet of updates its going to do..once its fully done try again.

wifi calling is already set up for that device correct? cant remember if it gets set up for the line itself or for each device on that line.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thank you for the suggestion, but it did not work. I also chatted and called Sprint to no avail. I also did a hard reset which still did nothing.  It looks like I will need to take the device back so they can look into it more.

Journeyman

I have the same problem with wifi calling, went to sprint they looking into the issue and said it was the phone. they gave me a new phone but it has the same problem. I check the display model they had at the store and that worked fine.

Sprint Product Ambassador

We are actively investigating the failure to enable Wi-Fi Calling, and we are working with LG. Performing an exchange will not resolve the behavior. I will update the post once I have more information.

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Please note that Sprint Customer Care is telling people that the LG G5 is not Wi-Fi Capable.

From my chat on 4/1/2016:

Betsy S. : I do apologize for the inconvenience, I just found out here that LG G5 is not compatible of having a wifi calling

Betsy S. : Are you still there?

Betsy S. : I haven?t received a response from you so I will be disconnecting our chat. If you require additional assistance, please visit sprint.com. Thank you for your business. You?ll receive an email transcript of our chat after the session ends.

You : hello

You : ?

Betsy S. : Yes

You : Sorry

Betsy S. : Its okay

You : Wi Fi calling is in the G5's User Manuel

Betsy S. : Did you receive my response?

You : Yes but it doesn't make sense

Betsy S. : Let me double check

You : It's a feature on the phone and it's in the user manual

You : Page 56 of the user's manual

Also under features in Sprint.com...if you try to block Wi-Fi Calling it says that it's a feature the phone doesn't have.

Journeyman

That does not make sense! I just recieved my lg g5 on april 1 and it has not worked at all. My previous phone was the lg g3 and it worked fine. I have to have the wifi calling because I dont have service in my home. If lg g5 doesn't have wifi calling then my phone is pointless for me. Although I believe it does because the option is in the phone. My sprint store wants me to bring my phone in so they can look at it which is 45minutes away!

Sprint Product Ambassador

Yes, the LG G5 supports Wi-Fi Calling and we are investigating this with LG. I have reached out to our Chat PM to have this chat session addressed.

Thanks for sharing your chat session with us.

Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

How Will we be notified when this is resolved?

GrandMaster

you will see another update posted in here by the moderator or you will see an update pop up on your device. whichever you see first.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Any updates as to when a resolution to this problem will be available?

GrandMaster

no idea. its all up to Sprint and LG at this point to figure out what is going on and then figure out a fix for it. i'll ask around and see if there have been any progress so far

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat