cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 WIFI CALLING WON'T TURN ON - why?

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: LG G5 WIFI CALLING WON'T TURN ON - why?

there was a fix for this on the 12th. if youre still seeing this go into your settings and update your profile then retest.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Update: 4-14-2016 - WIFI calling does not work. Yes, it now can be turned on in the settings, BUT the phone still doesn't make calls through WIFI calling.  Hopefully SPRINT and LG are still working on the issue with the G5.  I get no cellphone reception at my house. My previous phone and my wife's phone, the Galaxy NOTE 4, have no issues using WIFI calling here.

Journeyman

Sounds like its your new phone. Which one did you buy so I don't upgrade to it.

Sprint Product Ambassador

CaptainRD Please perform the steps below to see if this helps.....

1. Tap home key > Tools tools app icon > Settings settings app icon > General tab > System updates > Update profile.
  2. Follow the onscreen instructions.
  • The phone will download and install the profile update and you will see a confirmation when complete.
Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't fix the issue. I've updated the profile everyday for the last several days hoping it would fix the problem, but it doesn't.  It's hard to believe I'm the only person experiencing this issue with WIFI Calling.  But It's also hard to believe I don't get cell signal in my area to begin with. 

Journeyman

I have the same problem; the wifi calling will now turn on but will not connect to a network.  A couple of days ago the wifi calling did connect to the wifi but that only lasted one day. We have two other phones in our house, a LG Flex and a Samsung S7 both have no issues with the wifi calling.

Who even made the comment that this is not a phone issue should think about how the paying customer feels, my old phone works fine and our new S7 works fine but my LG G5 will not work. As a loyal sprint customer for the past 19+ years it would appear to be an issue with the phone.

Journeyman

Mine works now

and Please call in to tech support so that we can assist further and open a ticket if needed.

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

I did call and had a ticket opened shortly after April 1, made 2 trips to the sprint store and called tech support several times. Maybe since sprint is aware of my issue they would like to know if it was resolved and took the time to call a customer

Please send me a private message with your phone number and ESN so that I can have someone look into this for you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After updating the profile, WiFi calling is working - HOWEVER, texting from the default SMS app on the phone is now hit or miss. Sometimes it send the message immediately, other times it just indicates "sending" and never does, inbound messages also get backed up.

GrandMaster

wonder if that is the network around you or the stock app messing up? anyone else around you with a sprint phone that is messing up?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat