cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 WIFI CALLING WON'T TURN ON - why?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: LG G5 WIFI CALLING WON'T TURN ON - why?

YEs, we have 2 LG G5's and both are exhibiting the same behavior. Not sure if any of out neighbors use Sprint and the LG G5 though.  Cell connectivity is pretty sparse out here for Sprint, hence the Airave 2.5. Also tried Hangouts and Google messaging app - all have significant delay in send/receive at times.

GrandMaster

LG G5 software update - version LS992ZV4

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Great news, looking forward to getting the update.

Sprint Social Care

GreeGreeCreedle

Hi there! If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

We're here for you.

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

After the applying the V4 update, I'm not seeing any improvement. Still won't consistently connect to WiFi calling, and when it does, texting rarely works. If I turn off WiFi calling, when I can get it to connect to the Airrave, which is hit or miss, then texting will work, but it also doesn't stay connected to the Airave,

I would like Sprint to replace BOTH of my G5's, but customer service has refused. LG says I can send them back for repair, but will be without them for 7-10 business days, which is pretty much not doable, so I am stuck with 2 phones that do not work properly, and Sprint does not seem to be able to help since I have not purchased their overpriced (imho) phone protection plan.

You say you want to help, then please have Sprint send out 2 replacement phones and possibly a replacement Airave.

GrandMaster

might have been asked but are you running the airave AND trying to use wifi calling at the same time?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

We would like to take a deeper look at your case.

We sent you a Private Message, whenever you have a chance, please reply back to us by click the link https://community.sprint.com/baw/pm-post%21input.jspa?to=6433658 , include your phone number and security PIN, we'd love to access your account and explore all your available options.

We look forward to hear back from you.

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Replied to the private message with that info.

Sprint Social Care

Thanks for your reply. We will continue this conversation through private thread.

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have read this entire thread, updated my profile and did the ## thing and my wifi calling won't turn on at all. The only difference I did notice was immediately after updating my profile when I tried to move the slider it did take me to a "configuration page" but said i need to contact the account owner or something like that which is weird since I am the only person on my plan. When i tried it again it was business as usual, the sceen flickers like its gonna do something and then nothing.

GrandMaster

couple questions...is there an airave in your home and by chance are you sync'd with google hangouts or google voice? if so wifi calling and either of the google ones i posted above dont mesh up with each other..possibly the issue?

Journeyman

I dont even know what airave is so I doubt Im synced to it, and I dont use Google Voice or Hangouts. Ive never been able to get my friends and family to utilize hangouts in the past and never saw a need for voice.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat