cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 not connecting to Airave

Go to solution
Journeyman

LG G5 not connecting to Airave

Having an issue where the LG G5 will intermittently not connect to the Airave 2.5.

Easiest way I've found to get it to connect is to toggle airplane mode on the phone when I get home, which is very inconvenient.

Power cycling the Airave does not seem to help.

Any thoughts?

11 REPLIES 11
GrandMaster

Re: LG G5 not connecting to Airave

i have heard of some random issues with spark devices not connecting up to the airave. but its not every one of them..some have found if you switch to CDMA only when you get home it will connect without any issues..i havent ran into this with my M9 but i have a feeling doing the airplane mode trick will be much easier for you to do rather than switching back and forth between LTE/CDMA or Automatic and CDMA...actually...go into your mobile settings and see if youre set to automatic..if you are try switching to LTE/CDMA and see if you run into the same issues..you might even try unchecking automatic connections in case its somehow causing this..but do one at a time to help figure out what is causing it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It was set to auto. Changed to LTE/CDMA and will report back in a few days with an update.

GrandMaster

i'll keep an eye out for your post. out of curiosity have you tried the wifi calling on that phone? if its working correctly and you dont have any other devices around that would need that airave you can probably eliminate the need for it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have two LG G5's and I cannot enable WiFi calling on either of them.

GrandMaster

will it not turn on or does it not even let you try to turn it on?

GrandMaster

there was an issue with wifi calling staying connected or not connecting recently with the G5..it was supposedly fixed on the 12th..if youre still having issues with it do a profile update...then restart your phone..then try wifi calling again to see if it works or not.

Journeyman

After I updated the network profile and disconnected the Google Voice/Sprint integration, WiFi calling now works as expected. Except, as indicated in the other thread, SMS via the default messaging app is hit or miss...

GrandMaster

is this only happening while connected to the airave or even out and about away from it?

Journeyman

Only seems to be hit or miss around home

Master

GreeGreeCreedle

Thanks for contacting us.

An active Internet connection is required for the AIRAVE device to work correctly.

Have you experienced any issues related to your internet router/internet connection?

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I ran across this same issue with our old Samsung phones until we switched over to LTE/CDMA. We just bought the G5's last week, forgot about the settings, then I read this thread and I just switched my phone over from auto to LTE/CMDA and the G5 was picked up (3 beeps) by the RAVE.  

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat