cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love for LG G5 Runs Deep: Overall Final Impression - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Love for LG G5 Runs Deep: Overall Final Impression - Sprint Product Ambassadors

So, I remember my first LG Phone.  I think it was a pretty basic flip phone, had a super bright screen, a loud ringer and good signal wherever I went.  Remember when that was all that mattered with a cell phone?  Well times have changed and I’m happy to say LG has always changed with the times.  I got reintroduced to LG with the LG G2 and from there, LG has honestly become a love affair with me.  I’ve had almost all of the LG Phones to date (from the mid-tier devices to the flagships phones) and find each device a little better than the last.

The LG G5 is certainly my favorite flagship to date.  Building on the things I loved about the LG G4, the G5 returns with a simply stunning camera.  You just can’t beat it for super close ups and I find it almost vital for my needs. With the LG G5 however, you kinda have the best of both worlds as this year gives introduction to LG’s wide angle lens. Already a fan of a Go Pro, the wide angle lens is quickly becoming more and more welcomed in my daily life.  I’m super pleased to see LG integrated a wide angle on the G5, and think it’s pretty unique at this stage of the game. For shutterbugs that love a giant toolbox of options, rest assured, LG has you covered. If you are a little more casual with photo taking, only a “fun-saver” disposable could ever been easier. I love the fact that my videos look good and (almost as importantly) sound good in all kinds of light and all kinds of sound environments.  You’re at a loud concert?  No problem. Soft Family get together?  No problem.

1.jpg

I think one of the only consumer complaints I remember about the LG G4 was the absence of a biometric fingerprint reader.  To be fair it was released at the brink of their introduction but rest assured the LG G5 has a fingerprint reader and it works excellent. Having one obviously opens a whole new world of possibilities.  Although I haven’t played with Android Pay, it’s there and ready to use. I can only imagine the added security and authentication will become more common to apps and pleased to see LG always pointed toward the direction of progress.

Speaking of progress, the LG G5 and the “friends” thereof are certainly temptations that make your phone excel beyond the single device and become more like a full extension of your world (as a whole).  With the already available modules, you can unlock 360 degrees of beauty (with the 360 cam), Virtual Reality (LG 360 VR) and Enhanced Camera Functions (LG Cam Plus). There are also a few other modules available overseas but not beyond arms reach.  I for one am super intrigued by the LG Hi-Fi Plus just to say I’ve owned a B&O (Bang & Olufsen) speaker system but the LG Rolling Bot might also be an honorable mention if it ever crosses seas.  Regardless, I love fun and I love options.

Again, the LG G5 just seems like it’s built for the long haul and again I’m proud to have LG by my side.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.