cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Multiple Duplicate Text Messages

Journeyman

Receiving Multiple Duplicate Text Messages

Starting Saturday I've been receving the same texts from 2 different people over and over again. It almost seems like when someone else is trying to text me, I recieve an old one from one of those 2 people. I've power cycled my phone and also uninstalled Facebook Messenger after reading that might help in another forum. This is driving me crazy, if anyone has advice on how to stop this I'd appreciate it. 

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: Receiving Multiple Duplicate Text Messages

One of the things that can cause duplicate text messages (across all carriers) is also network issues.  Your post indicates that it's two people but are those the only two people you regularly SMS with?  If so, we might look at your home network performance.  If not, it could be that there is a network issue with those specific two people.  

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman e2
Journeyman

I too have the same issue. I have the S7. Coming from the HTC M8 I thought i would be issue free. Little did i know it was the HTC that gave me no network issues. About 2 1/2 months now i have been getting multiple text messages from my wife. Checking my settings (S7) and hers ( note 3) everything seemed to be ok. The problem got to the point where i felt we needed to upgrade the Note thinking it was the problem. So recently the note was upgraded to the S8. Lo and beholde the problem is still haunting me. My wife is now getting multiple text from my mother who is also on the sprint network. What gives?

Its getting to the point where i want to take my 4 lines to another provider.. 

Journeyman

@e2 wrote:

I have the S7. Coming from the HTC M8 ...

Same exact thing. I've been with Sprint since 2000 and NEVER received dup texts until I switched to the S7 Edge in July 2017.

Anyone found a solution other than going to a different carrier?

Journeyman

Uninstalling Facebook Messenger didn't do the trick for me. I did a complete factory reset and even don't have Facebook Messenger installed after reset but still having the same issues.

Sprint Social Care

Hello RemibaloNYC. Have you tried clearing the messaging apps cache? What is the make and model of your device?

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat