cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold a useless phone

Journeyman

Sold a useless phone

I am beyond irritated at my experience with this LG G5. I have had it since May of 2016 and it seems like everyday I have a brand new issue with it. I keep my phone in an otter box and have glass on the screen. The 3 techs I have taken it to say it shows no signs of water damage or damage from dropping. However my gps does not work, the back lock button does not work, it freezes, it drops call or call quality is terrible, and the back camera does not work! I depend on using the GPS because I work as a delivery driver and I can't delivery things if I don't have any idea where I'm going! It often will say in 15 miles away from where I actually am. I absolutely hate this phone and I hate my experience with Sprint dealing with it. Everyone I've spoken to just says I have to suffer with it because I'm not ready for an upgrade or pay someone 75 dollars to "try" and see if they can fix it. I am beyond livid I'm still paying for a phone that was sold to me broken and the only option i have is to suffer or pay more money to get another phone. I am a college student I can not afford to just pay for a new phone. I think I will be switching to  Verizon or Straight Talk when my useless phone is paid off  because I am fed up with Sprint's customer service! I have been with Sprint for almost 5 years now and I have never had a worse experience then this last year!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Sold a useless phone

jallison_2012, we understand how important having a working phone is and we don't want to see you leave our Sprint family. As you explained, there may be a fee to repair or replace the phone if it has not protection. I'd like to take a look into your account and see the options available. Please check your inbox, I sent you a Private Message to further assist you.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I feel exactly the same.  And, I too, purchased our phones in May 2016.  My troubles started with a battery drain and has progressed to not being able to charge while using the phone.  I've taken my phone to a Sprint store and have shown the sales associate the error message that I've been receiving which says, "Charging Slowly - Use the charger and cable that were provided with this phone, or check the cable is properly connected."  I was convinced that it was because I purchased a replacement cord from a retailer other than Sprint.   And, I was also told that the best thing for me to do is to turn off the phone every time I need to charge it.  I mentioned to the representative that using the cord that originally came with the other LG G5 that was purchased, works perfectly fine.  I asked if it would be possible to order the original cord manufactured by LG and was told that Sprint does not sell them and that the cords manufactured by Ventev should work exactly the same.  So, I made the purchase and I'm still getting the same error message.  In addition to this I'm no longer able to return the cord for a full refund.

I just finished a live chat with an online Sprint representative who told me that I could purchase a cord online which costs more than the cord that was purchased in the store.  This person assured me that the cord is in fact manufactured by LG.  If that's the case why was I told otherwise in the store? (Not to mention the chat representative was dismissive about my concerns of being sold an accessory that didn't work.  Their response was that I was chatting with a representative of the online store and they couldn't comment on products sold in store.)  If I have to purchase another cord, I want a full refund for the cord that was falsely represented as a suitable replacement and sold to me by your retail store.

This phone has been the worst investment ever.  There are no customer based solutions to fix the ghosting on the screen, battery drain, GPS not working, and the phone cutting off all of a sudden with more than 10% power remaining.  However, I'm expected to pay a $100 deductible with my insurance agreement to make the phone function as it should.

I also asked the live chat representative where I could find a copy of the Buy 1, Get 1 contract that came with the purchase of my phones.  I was told that I could use my receipt as evidence.  This information was not helpful, nor was it an answer to my question.

I have been a customer since 2002 and I'm never surprised by the lack of interest and enthusiasm by Sprint representatives to help me with these issues without paying a significant price.  Whether it's time wasted on the phone or being transferred over and over again (both on the phone and online).  And being convinced to purchase accessories that don't work.  I implore you to take a look at my phone records and see how long I spent on the line with Sprint on May 5, 2016.  Well over 4 hours non-stop speaking to person after person with obviously no solution in sight.  Enough is enough!  

Sprint Social Care

Hello 703vault. I will be more than happy to assist you with this. I will move our conversation to the Private Message platform so we can discuss your account. Please check your inbox.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat