cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: LG5 - First Week - Getting to Know You

Sprint Product Ambassador

So I realized, I have never had a LG device before. I've had HTC's, Samsung's, Motorola's, iPhones but never LG. When I turned on the phone, right away the new set up menu kind of confused me. So I waited until the weekend when I had time to set it up.

However, Android thankfully is Android for at least setting up a phone for this non tech girl. Basic things like setting up email, getting the right applications for the things I do with my phone and getting the alarm set so I can wake up in time in the morning did not take long to figure out.

The LG5 has a TON of cool new features: The camera and removable battery are things I am looking forward to learning more about. But here are some first impressions:

• It's Easy to Get to Know: I didn't google anything on how to set up. People, that is huge for me. The applications that came preloaded made things easy. I kind of liked the pre-loaded folders of Google (for all things Google ? see picture) and Tools (included File Manager, Weather, Calculator, Voice Recorder, Downloads, Music, Music, Tasks, Settings and Clock).
  • Size Matters: It is a larger phone than usual for me (I like to carry in my back pocket). It is 5.88" X 2.91" X 0.30", and I have the Spigen case too so it just barely fits. But that is something that was not a dealbreaker. Without the case it is smaller of course, but you know me ? I need a case!
  • It's Fast: The Fast charger is amazing - seriously. I'll do some proper tests along the way to see how quickly that charges up, but I really think it charges quicker than any other phone I've had.  I am also looking forward to seeing how the removable battery helps things. I haven't had one of those in years!

Capture _2016-05-20-11-46-42_resized.png

I am looking forward to getting to know this phone and all of the additional features over the next month or so. I want to get the camera for it - love taking pictures of my kids, and videos too of music. I am open to suggestions too, so if there are things you want to know let me know!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee