cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors � Enjoying the USB C speed on my LG G5

Sprint Product Ambassador

You must have seen spec sheets and others talking about the LG G5 is having a USB-C port.  Some of you may yell oh no, I need to get another set of spare USB-C spare cables to charge my new LG G5 device.  You are correct, these cables are more expensive than the normal micro-USB cables that you can buy today too.  Eventually in a few years, maybe all devices except one brand will come with USB-C., but that may be one or two years away.

For me, the expense on this new cable is well justified. Firstly, USB-C is a twenty pin connector so the cable is a much more high quality cable. It carries more ampere hence your phone charging time is faster.  I have not measured the actual time, but I know that my phone charging time is a lot shorter, maybe that will be the next set of tests that I should conduct.

The more obvious advantage is the speed of transfer a files between the phone and your laptop connected via the USB-C cable.

So I took out my old Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.  I put same type of micro-SD card on each phone.  I tries to copy a 290MB file from my laptop to the Note Edge and the G5 one at a time and use the stop watch to measure the elapse time:

For Note Edge = 43.9s

For G5 = 19.6s

56% less time on the G5.

It is a lot quicker for me to copy all that music that I have onto the phone!

Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.