cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Heavy use doesn't seem to affect the LG G5 battery life

Journeyman

Despite significant advances to practically every part of the modern day smartphone, but good battery

life was one aspect that most smartphones had trouble making significant improvements in. Despite

Android's efforts in several iterations of their operating system, it wasn't until Marshmallow that we

started to see a huge leap in efficiency, but, despite some improvement, some phones still suffered

from their battery blues. The LG G5 is luckily one of those phones.

lg-g5-01.jpg

(source)

I have several devices updated to Android 6.x (Marshmallow), ranging from the Nexus 6, to the Moto

X Pure and Samsung Galaxy S6, and battery life on the LG G5 seems to outpace any of them. The S6

always suffered from battery issues, so I gave it a pass (not to say battery life did not improve with

Marshmallow, but there's only so much one can do with so much running in the background and a

2550maH battery), but the Nexus and Moto X, despite their significant improvements and relatively

great battery life, they never "wow'ed" me. I can use my G5 to check facebook several times an hour,

send emails, upload videos and photos, text a lot (like, hundreds a day), use GPS to find my way

around town, and I'd still only be at around 50% by 4 pm. It actually amazes me every morning when

I reach for my phone and start reading the headlines that, after several articles and perusing my facebook

feed for about 30 minutes to an hour, battery life has only gone down 2-5%. That is extremely impressive

to me. A factor may be that I don't like my screen too bright, especially in the morning or late at night, and

end up using a blue light filter during those times (I'd recommend one, but beware of certain issues with

those and Marshmallow, which I'll talk about in the next blog).

http://cdn02.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/LG-G5-14-840x560.jpg

(source)

Overall, I'm surprised at how well the battery has been holding up, and am glad that I have the ability to

switch it out easily if it ever goes bad. So, even if you are having a different battery experience, we can

agree that having a swappable battery is a universally good thing.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee