cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG G5 display size hits the sweet spot/How to customize home buttons

Journeyman

lg-g5-01.jpg

It is safe to say that most new high end smartphones have screen sizes of 5" and above now, which

makes us wonder how we survived so long with anything smaller. While most offerings are some

popular options are between 5.0 and 5.1. inches, or 5.5 to 5.7, the LG G5 hits a perfect balance of

screen real estate and practicality. Some may argue that the full display size should not be counted

since the phone has on screen home buttons, but there is a setting in the phone display options to

hide them while using whatever apps you specify. To access those settings:

>Pull down the top bar and select the cog icon

>Go to the display tab

>Select the Home Touch buttons category

>Select "Hide Home touch buttons"

>Select whichever apps you'd like to have the home buttons disappear in

**The Home touch buttons can also be customized, including adding other useful buttons to the bar, like

for Qslide or Capture.

For me, it is the best of both worlds. I was initially against onscreen home buttons because I was worried

about screen real estate, but I changed my mind after using my phone late at night and being unable to

lower the brightness on the capacitive buttons. It's a killer. Luckily, the LG G5 does not have that problem,

and has enough customization features in the Home Buttons category to make anyone change their

mind about them.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee