cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Real Life Battery of an LG G5

Sprint Product Ambassador

First, I must admit that I am a phone addict – and the audience nods and responds “hi, Jason”….I love phones and always have mine in my hand checking on it and looking to see what’s new.  I’m not technically a millennial by age but age is just a number right – I am tech dependent like so many millennials.  I use so many apps for social media, surfing the web, listening to podcasts, interacting with friends (yes, I have friends) that my phone is always running!  Thankfully my new LG G5 has me covered from a power perspective in several ways – battery life, always on technology and quick charge have all made my life so much easier but if that’s not enough there is always the modular battery to swap out if needed.

According to the LG website the battery is a 2,800 mAh battery which means it is a good sized battery for the market – but in reality and usefulness the battery works really well.  I am easily able to go 2 full days without charging my phone!  No more looking for outlets or carrying external power cubes around in the laptop bag.  How is this possible??  And even when I do plug it in to charge, the phone will go to 100% very fast – how fast; LG’s website shows an 84 minute time to fully charge the battery. 

LG G5 Stock.jpg

*photo courtesy of venturebeat.com

The always on feature of the phone is a great concept – did you know “waking up” your phone causes so much drain on your battery that having it always on actually saves the battery??  It’s a novel concept but one that you can see in reality when you use the phone for a few days.  By having the display always on; I can see alerts and the time on the screen all the time.  This means I am not constantly waking up the device and looking to see the time or the alert statuses after the initial pop up which actually saves the battery. 

The last piece of heaven is the ability to swap out the battery if you choose – on the LG website (http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/g5) they have a great view of the modularity of how easy it is to swap out a new battery if you choose.  This gives you so much flexibility to use your phone to the max and never again have to lean up on the wall charging your phone!

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee