cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Marquee super-thin device available for pre-order on 9/20

Wizard

The LG Marquee wraps heavy-duty performance in a stylish, thin design at only .36 inches. A bold, 4-inch display provides impressive visibility indoors and out while Android™ 2.3 and a 1GHz processor power the Marquee from within. With dual cameras, you can capture images and video to share with your network in an instant, or fire up your own network with the optional Mobile Hotspot and support up to 5 Wi-Fi devices.

To preorder this device on 9/20, click here

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Wizard

Thanks for the link.  This looks like another really interesting and affordable mid-range device, even more so if 4G isn't available or you have a "unique" plan which may be cheaper without 4G.  You guys have really stepped up your phone offering over the last year.  Especially from the smartphone angle, there really is a phone for everyone.

Journeyman

Not that you can say anything but I'm taking this as the final nail in the coffin that all the Sprint iPhone rumors are really just rumors.

Looks like a good phone though.

Journeyman

I am debating on getting this to take the place of my ECHO....I REALLY like the ECHO though......decisions......

Journeyman

I'm wondering why any Sprint customer would buy a 3G phone. As soon as I upgrade my LG Optimus S (which I bought before Sprint extended the 4G tax to all smart phones), I will have to pay Sprint's $10 4G tax. If I'm going to pay the 4G tax, I want a 4G phone. Maybe if Sprint waived the tax for this phone, but no way otherwise. Just sayin'.

Wizard

Several reason, although none may apply to you.  One, Sprint Wireless Advantage Customers pay a monthly rate that is less for a 3G phone than for a 4G phone.  Two, you may live is an area without 4G.  Three, you may value the features/form and price of this phone over the others.  Four, you simply may be satisfied with 3G and WiFi access.  One, three and four apply to me.

Journeyman

Well good for you. I, however, am not a Wireless Advantage customer. Never even heard of the category and I suspect the same is true of the majority of Sprint subscribers. As I said (in case you missed it) upgrading to any smartphone is going to cost me $10 more per line than I pay now. if I'm going to pay the 4G tax, I want a 4G phone. It's pretty simple. As for the features, Sprint's 4G phones are as feature-packed as this one, maybe more. I currently have 3G and WiFi on my LG Optimus S. I'm not unhappy with that. But if I have to pay more, I want to get more -- meaning 4G. Maybe you'll pay less when you buy this phone but I doubt it. I think Sprint will use your upgrade as an excuse  to change your plan and charge you the $10 4G tax. Post again after you make the purchase. I'm very curious.

Journeyman

I pre-ordered this phone, and yes I will now be charged the $10 (premium data). I've been told it's to cover the extra cost of all the "unlimited" data usage. I'm not sure why they are calling it "premium". I doubt there will be anything premium about the service (it will still be slow, and I will still get dropped calls).

Wizard

There's a lot of information on the $10 charge in this blog.

Journeyman

I already know that info...my point is that the cost goes up (and yes I read the blog) and still the quality of the network does not get better. I have many problems with calls dropped, slow browsing, I can't even have a basic phone call in my own house (unless I sit by a window with the phone angled a certain way). All of these problems are within my calling area.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat