- Visual Voicemail update
- Battery improvements

Important Notes

- Software version is LS970ZV9

- Refer to the LG Optimus G Software Update blog for install instructions

28 REPLIES 28
Journeyman

Re: 1/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - LS970ZV9

That's all it does?  What about the text typing issue that everyone is complaining about?  *Where the cursor will randomly jump back to the beginning of what you're typing which messes your typing up*

Master

Not sure why it isn't listed in the release notes. But the internal Device Solutions tracker shows that issue is fixed with this ZV9 software update as well.

Journeyman

Ok thanks that's good to know that they fixed the biggest glitch.

I don't understand this releasing the update a little at a time thing.  Making some users wait 5-10 days longer to get the update than others.  Not very fair.  I heard it was so the servers don't get overloaded.  I'm calling BS on that.  Come on, how many people are actually going to check for the update on day 1, day 2, etc?  I bet the majority of owners don't read these forums, didn't know about any update and may never even check for it.  In addition this phone hasn't been out long and is not very popular like other phones such as the Galaxy S3 and iPhone.  So I highly doubt there will be any overloading on the servers even if they release the update to everyone at the same time. 

Master

Larryt1971 wrote:

Ok thanks that's good to know that they fixed the biggest glitch.

I don't understand this releasing the update a little at a time thing.  Making some users wait 5-10 days longer to get the update than others.  Not very fair.  I heard it was so the servers don't get overloaded.  I'm calling BS on that.  Come on, how many people are actually going to check for the update on day 1, day 2, etc?  I bet the majority of owners don't read these forums, didn't know about any update and may never even check for it.  In addition this phone hasn't been out long and is not very popular like other phones such as the Galaxy S3 and iPhone.  So I highly doubt there will be any overloading on the servers even if they release the update to everyone at the same time.

I don't have a direct answer to this other than the capcity issues that I have been cited in the past. Sprint does not host the software updates for any smartphones. HTC devices use HTC's own update system. All other Android devices utilize Google's GOTA (Google Over The Air) update system. Sprint just submits the update to Google and they handle the actual device deployment on a random basis.

Journeyman

Has anyone actually gotten the update? I'm in TN and no sign of it yet. I've also noticed* a long lag between entering text and text appearing in the text box, frequent force closing in the text program, and a really long* lag between the notification telling me I have a text and the pop up box actually appearing on screen. It's all really annoying as much as I text. Had to down load Swype beta because the LG version was so difficult to use.

Sprint Product Ambassador

@LENOXPEMS - most of our software updates are released in stages and I just received my LGOG update this morning. The update did fix the text message issue where cursor jumps to begining.

I have not experienced any force closed errors with LG txt app. I have seen other apps cause conflicts like this so the force close might be result of another app on the phone.

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

I suppose that's possible, although I don't have very many apps that didn't come to me from the factory.

Journeyman

Still no update here either.  I think it's silly to release them in stages.  Just beef up the servers and release them to everyone at the same time.  How hard can that be? 

But anyway I have had issues with the stock text messaging app and keyboard too.  Sometimes the stock messaging program will get real slow and laggy when I am typing out and sending numerous texts.  About 2-3 times per day it gets so slow that it will eventually lead to a force close like user LENOXPEMS mentioned.  The message I get is:  'Unfortunately messaging has stopped'.  Then I have to hit 'ok' and then it works again.  This is so annoying and I keep hoping for a fix.  I posted another thread about this glitch a couple of weeks ago but didn't get many replies.

Journeyman

RLCOLLECTOR68 wrote:

@LENOXPEMS - most of our software updates are released in stages and I just received my LGOG update this morning. The update did fix the text message issue where cursor jumps to begining.

I have not experienced any force closed errors with LG txt app. I have seen other apps cause conflicts like this so the force close might be result of another app on the phone.

All I have besides the factory installed apps are Yahoo mail, facebook, ebay, youtube and a flashlight app.  I doubt any of those would cause my text messaging to force close.

Journeyman

Additionally..I have cleared caches and stopped all apps when it happens without notice difference.

Journeyman

LENOXPEMS wrote:

Additionally..I have cleared caches and stopped all apps when it happens without notice difference.

Same here multiple times!  I even did a factory reset and it didn't solve the issue. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat