cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

271 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

ZVC update did not include an OS update/upgrade. Still on 4.1.2

Journeyman

The ZVC version has been rolled out for OTA installation.  I installed it this morning. At this point it seems to have fixed the above text issue.

Journeyman

I see LG has posted an updated to our device bringing it to "ZVC". Any idea of when we'll see the update, if ever, Sprint?

Here's what I'm referring to OpenSource Code Distribution

Journeyman

I believe we will see a major update from sprint and LG. Most likely the best update we will get is 4.2.2 . since 4.3 hasn't been out too long . But rumor is update will roll out in october. with 4.2.2 . Hopefully this resolve some minor issues that are happen right now like low signal unless your within 100 yds too a tower and roaming alot within sprint network. and the launcher just sucks . needs too be a google stock launcher and remove browser and leave google chrome. thats just a few of my issues with the phone

Journeyman

Think we'll get the 4.3 update? Or is 4.1.2 the end for us. My nexus s 4g started with 2.3 and went all the way to 4.1 god bless its soul may it rest in piece.

Journeyman

I called Sprint about this issue.  They called me back on a landline and walked me through the following:

From the dial pad, dial ##SCRTN# (or ##72786#)--> hit ok and let the phone go through its motions and eventually restart

Shortly after the phone restarts, it goes through a 'hands-free' activation and PRL upgrade, then restarts again

After the 2nd restart, it does a couple more automatic update checks. When those were done, I tried a few two-character texts....seems to be working fine for now.

You might give that a shot before taking a sledge hammer to the phone

Journeyman

Thanks for advice I changed my keyboard and nope. I text "hi" and sent failed. So I type "hi.       . . " and went through right away... Mmmm.... Anything else I'm ready to toss the phone in trash!!

Journeyman

I'm glad your solution works for you, but I have the same (Sprint) phone and software version and lots of texts that are less than 12 characters.  I've never had any texting problems.  I use the native Android messaging app and Swiftkey.

Journeyman

For all the people who have been getting pissed at your LG Optimus G texting and getting " message not sent"

HERE IS THE ONLY SOLUTION UNTIL ANDROID COMES OUT WITH NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE FOR THIS PHONE.

WHEN TYPING A TEXT MESSAGE: YOUR TEXTS HAVE TO INCLUDE A MINIMUM OF 12 CHARACTERS.

if you look through your texts you will see I have hit it on head 100%!

if you want to text a simple work like OK

you must text it like this....

ok.        .    

type your word or words if less than ten characters then hit the space bar and place a period ( OR ANY THING) at the end and surprise.... it goes through!!

you will get used to it and at least all your texts will now go through, and for a change has nothing to do with sprint! what a surprise.. way to go LG!

Journeyman

Haven't skimmed this long thread all the way through yet, but im having issues with sending texts in the default texting app.  about 50% or more of texts fail, kick out a "message not sent" error and have to be resent once, sometimes twice, more to get through.

it started right about the time the update went in on my phone.  wife has a iphone 5 and is not experiencing the issue, so it doesnt appear to be a coverage issue.

anyone else experiencing this?