cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Journeyman

Re: 3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Exactly!

Journeyman

Dear Christopher,

Thank you for your reply.

Please note that a software update to Android 4.1.1

(Jelly Bean) is

available for the LG Optimus G (LS-970) beginning with

internal Sprint

Employees on 3/6/13. The update is available for all

other Sprint

customers beginning 3/11/13. I am sorry for any

confusion in this.

For your reference, there is no information available

about the software

update to 4.1.2 for LG Optimus G (LS-970). The best

way to keep up on

Sprint news and special offers is to sign up for email

and text alerts

at sprint.com/insider.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity

to answer your

questions. Please reply to this email or visit sprint.com

if we can be

of assistance.

Sincerely,

Andie A.

Sprint

Journeyman

So now we're only getting 4.1.1 with no known update path for 4.1.2? Sprint, you really need to get your story straight and stop throwing random words at your customers. It's like Macbeth: your words signify nothing and we are full of fury.

Journeyman

This is getting laughable.

We now have 3 different release dates ( 3/6, 3/7 & 3/11), as well as, 3 different JB versions ( 4.1.1, 4.1.2 & 4.2) all stated as "official".

What is the competency level at Sprint?

Would someone above an entry level service rep or tech care to reply with a relevant comment?  Preferablely on JB, not your competency levels. ;-)

Journeyman

Even better.. A customer service Rep I was just speaking to stated that there were no updates for the phone.  I had to direct her to this page to get anything from her. 

Journeyman

And based on the "latest" it has been 3 days without anyone on 3 major forums (plus here) receiving the update...

Could someone please just ask the boss when they will really be throwing the switch and what version?

Surely someone at Sprint must have real information

Journeyman

I FINALLY got an answer.  It took 45 minutes of talking to a rep.  here's the chat... Sorry, I had to force it out of her.  It sounds like there was another update pushed after the 4.1.1 update for 4.2... They must have just tried rolling it into one so they didn't have to have two press releases.  This info was posted after a long conversation where she said there was NO update for the phone...

You: http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_Optimus_G/...Smiley Very Happy -- This link mentions 4.2 as being the next update
You: whereas http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/553157#553157 states 4.1.2 is the update
You: I am extremely confused
Dolly L.: Please allow me a few moments to get the details for you.
You: Thanks...
Dolly L.: You're welcome.
Dolly L.: Thanks for waiting.
Dolly L.: I have checked that a software update LS970ZV9 is available for the LG Optimus G phone beginning Monday, 01/07/13. and another software update LS970ZVB is available from 03/11/13.
You: And what android version will LS970ZVB be updating to?
You: It's like pulling teeth around here...
Dolly L.: it will upgrade the phone operating system to Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean)
You: Why does the website say 4.1.2 then?!?!?
You: And an even better question -- Why does the website also say 4.2???
You: I really feel like returning my phone and getting a contract with AT&T. I've been lied to left and right about this update. I'm so glad I am in my grace period. I talked to a customer service associate 3 days ago who said I would be getting 4.1.2.
Dolly L.: I understand that it is a frustrating experience to get different information and I am really sorry for it.
Dolly L.: Let me check the other details so that we can provide you with the exact information.
You: Finally... Thank you.
You: Why have you not been giving me the "exact" information in the first place?
You: I apologize, I am referring to Sprint... Not you in particular
Dolly L.: I am looking for the information and appreciate your patience.
Dolly L.: Thanks for waiting.
You: No problem
Dolly L.: The software version LS970ZVA is Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and the software version LS970ZVB upgrades the phone operating system to Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean).
You: When will those be released to the public?
Dolly L.: This is the available information with us for the LG Optimus G phone.
You: That makes sense.
Dolly L.: You will receive the notification of it on your phone. You can also check for the updates on your phone by following these steps:
Dolly L.: Press Apps then tap Settings.
Scroll down then tap About phone.
Scroll down to tap Software Information.
You: Sorry, I understand that
You: I am speaking of the release date of the update
You: will LS970ZVA be released soon?
Dolly L.: The release date is 03/11/2013.
Dolly L.: All customers will receive it in phases.
You: Ok. Perfect. Thank you so much.
Journeyman

Well let's hope that after all this we actually do end up getting version 4.2.  It will be very disappointing if we only end up with 4.1.1. now

Highlighted
Wizard

Hello everyone,

The official version is 4.1.2, I apologize for the misinformation some of you have received regarding this. Larryt1971 is correct, there was a typo and we originally made a mistake on posting the incorrect software version which we corrected in the blog but apparently not everywhere as mm90s pointed out. The ZVA version was never a release version, the correct version should be ZVB and this should be corrected soon on the page mm90s posted. I spoke with a member of our device team earlier and have not heard of any delays currently, I do know that the majority of updates are rolled out in phases with the early phases being very small and gradually increasing as the rollout approaches the deadline.

Journeyman

Okay I have The amazing LG Optimus (G)anster as i call it , this phone is by far amazing in looks and performance , why is everyone getting bent out of shape about an update , sure updates are always a facinating perk im pretty anxious to see what new features will follow but to threaten to move to a crappy expensive company such as att  to get an update is a bit rediculus. The phone in my opinion doesnt need an update its pretty bad ass it out performs the s2 and s3 hands down my s3 owning friends are jealous. So chill folks think about it all good things come to those who wait :-)

Wizard

I havent seen it mentioned here yet, but I forced my S3 and Nexus both to Jelly Bean when their OTA was released. Dont know if it would work for Optimus G but you can try. Heres what I did:

1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All

2. Find Google Services Framework.

3. Tap on Force Stop.

4. Select Clear Data.

5. Head back to the Sprint Optimus G Settings, go to About, and check for a System Update. (before you check for sys update, you should be able to see the last update checked date being a date in 1969 - if not, you probably didn't clear the data in step 4 above)

Wizard

Forgot to mention, you may have to do this a few times. Some of my phones took after doing it a couple times, some took after doing it 15 times. I prob threw in some power cycles here and there too.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat