LG Optimus G Software Update - LS970ZVB
- Android 4.1.2 Jellybean
- Google Now™
- Expandable, actionable notifications
- Android Beam™ to send photos and more
- QuickTranslator application downloadable from the Application Manager
- Smoother user interface. Vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework,
including application rendering, touch events, screen composition and display refresh; and triple buffering
in the graphics pipeline
- User-installable keyboard maps
- Ability to turn off notifications on an app specific basis
- Shortcuts and widgets can automatically be re-arranged or re-sized to allow new items to fit on home screens
- Bluetooth data transfer for Android Beam
- Improved voice search
- Improved camera app
- Android mobile version of Google Chrome replaces stock Android browser
- Ability for other launchers to add widgets from the app drawer without requiring root access
- Software version is LS970ZVB
- Refer to the LG Optimus G Software Update blog for install instructions
Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated software version number
The difference between this and the Nexus though is that some users verified already receiving the update. I've yet to actually read a post on this phone from anybody who actually has JB. I still tried it though, 5x and nothing LOL.
the Nexus 4 may be made by LG but thats where the similarities end. Nexus devices will always have the latest and greatest. I am in St Louis and still havent got the OTA on my or the wifes phone yet. when it happens it happens. roll outs are always slow. But I agree Sprint sounds like incompetents cuz they have no idea what the update number is is it A or B is it 4.1.2 or 4.2. they def need training and info lol
I have to disagree. When you have a Nexus phone on Sprint, you are not guaranteed to have the latest and greatest. I had a Sprint Nexus S 4G and only received 4.1.2. and that took some time.
Anyway, why can't Sprint let users request to get the update when it is available? Better yet, Sprint should have a site available to get the beta images (aka leaked).
Well for the last 5 days, when i tried to manually update i was told there was no update. Now when i try i get a network error. By Sprint standards, i think this is progress.
ps - in South Jersey
I was getting the network error also. Now I am getting no update available, so I guess I am not at the head of the list.
I don't think the roll-out would be geographic since it could flood the local equipment as it hit an area... Does anyone know what they do use? Maybe serial number, or last digit of phone number, or something else relatively random...
I am just happy to see someone is getting it.
I also was getting the network error, but once IbakaWakaFlame said it was working for him I checked. It said I was up to date, but clearing the google framework services worked and it is downloading now. I know that clearing those services can cause some other minor issues, but I plan to factory reset anyway after the update is installed.
I'm updating as well (it must have been the 7,822 times I hit "Update Firmware" and "Update LG software." over the last week ) File name "Production - ZV9_02_to_ZVB_01_Final_inc" at 474.8MB, nearly identical to the early release on XDA.
Located near St. Louis, MO.