cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

I was just about to say, did it and nothing LOL. Don't think I'll try 15 times, but I'll give it a shot.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The difference between this and the Nexus though is that some users verified already receiving the update. I've yet to actually read a post on this phone from anybody who actually has JB. I still tried it though, 5x and nothing LOL.

Highlighted
Journeyman

the Nexus 4 may be made by LG but thats where the similarities end. Nexus devices will always have the latest and greatest. I am in St Louis and still havent got the OTA on my or the wifes phone yet. when it happens it happens. roll outs are always slow. But I agree Sprint sounds like incompetents cuz they have no idea what the update number is is it A or B is it 4.1.2 or 4.2.  they def need training and info lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have to disagree. When you have a Nexus phone on Sprint, you are not guaranteed to have the latest and greatest. I had a Sprint Nexus S 4G and only received 4.1.2. and that took some time.

Anyway, why can't Sprint let users request to get the update when it is available? Better yet, Sprint should have a site available to get the beta images (aka leaked).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

you cant flash that

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well for the last 5 days, when i tried to manually update i was told there was no update. Now when i try i get a network error. By Sprint standards, i think this is progress.

ps - in South Jersey

Highlighted
Journeyman

and -forgive the newbness- why can't we flash that?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am updating as I type, had the error this morning trying to update and just got a notification in the past 15 minutes. I am in the Metro Detroit Area.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was getting the network error also.  Now I am getting no update available, so I guess I am not at the head of the list. 

I don't think the roll-out would be geographic since it could flood the local equipment as it hit an area...  Does anyone know what they do use?  Maybe serial number, or last digit of phone number, or something else relatively random...

I am just happy to see someone is getting it. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also was getting the network error, but once IbakaWakaFlame said it was working for him I checked. It said I was up to date, but clearing the google framework services worked and it is downloading now. I know that clearing those services can cause some other minor issues, but I plan to factory reset anyway after the update is installed.

Journeyman

I'm updating as well (it must have been the 7,822 times I hit "Update Firmware" and "Update LG software." over the last week ) File name "Production - ZV9_02_to_ZVB_01_Final_inc" at 474.8MB, nearly identical to the early release on XDA.

Located near St. Louis, MO.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat