LG Optimus G Software Update - LS970ZVB
- Android 4.1.2 Jellybean
- Google Now™
- Expandable, actionable notifications
- Android Beam™ to send photos and more
- QuickTranslator application downloadable from the Application Manager
- Smoother user interface. Vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework,
including application rendering, touch events, screen composition and display refresh; and triple buffering
in the graphics pipeline
- User-installable keyboard maps
- Ability to turn off notifications on an app specific basis
- Shortcuts and widgets can automatically be re-arranged or re-sized to allow new items to fit on home screens
- Bluetooth data transfer for Android Beam
- Improved voice search
- Improved camera app
- Android mobile version of Google Chrome replaces stock Android browser
- Ability for other launchers to add widgets from the app drawer without requiring root access
- Software version is LS970ZVB
- Refer to the LG Optimus G Software Update blog for install instructions
Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated software version number
I just starting to use my phone now, haven't looked at notifications or camera yet, but Google Now is available on mine by holding the home button and pressing the G in the middle. My lock screen says LG for the carrier, instead of Sprint or Chamelwon but I am on the MVNO provider Ting, not Sprint directly if that makes a difference?
Thanks, found Google Now per your info
Looks like my notifications do expand, pulling down with 2 fingers, but doesn't have some of the functionally that I've seen in the featured promo on YouTube
I'll keep tinkering with it
So it appears like nearly every one of us got the update on the same day today. Did the servers survive? It appears like they did just fine. So hopefully they continue this strategy so that all, or at least most everyone can get future updates at the same time.
I'm not sure..
Next time you receive a notification, try using two fingers in an up/contract down/expand swiping motion on the actual notification it self, similar to swiping to the side to clear.
I've used this with emails, it only allows a few additional lines of info.
Also, MMS messages offer a small preview of the content.
I've seen screen shots that showed a sliding brightness bar, as well as, advanced Qslide features. These were not included in my update that I have noticed