cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Highlighted
Wizard

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

LG Optimus G Software Update - LS970ZVB

Enhancements/Fixes

- Android 4.1.2 Jellybean   

- Google Now™

- Expandable, actionable notifications

- Android Beam™ to send photos and more

- QuickTranslator application downloadable from the Application Manager

- Smoother user interface. Vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework,

including application rendering, touch events, screen composition and display refresh; and triple buffering

in the graphics pipeline

- User-installable keyboard maps

- Ability to turn off notifications on an app specific basis

- Shortcuts and widgets can automatically be re-arranged or re-sized to allow new items to fit on home screens

- Bluetooth data transfer for Android Beam

- Improved voice search

- Improved camera app

- Android mobile version of Google Chrome replaces stock Android browser

- Ability for other launchers to add widgets from the app drawer without requiring root access

Important Notes

- Software version is LS970ZVB

- Refer to the LG Optimus G Software Update blog for install instructions

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated software version number

271 REPLIES 271
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yea I'm in the same boat as you Opt1mus. where are the new and updated apps we were supposed to get? However my unlock screen says sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just starting to use my phone now, haven't looked at notifications or camera yet, but Google Now is available on mine by holding the home button and pressing the G in the middle. My lock screen says LG for the carrier, instead of Sprint or Chamelwon but I am on the MVNO provider Ting, not Sprint directly if that makes a difference?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey that did work. Thank you for that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, found Google Now per your info

Looks like my notifications do expand, pulling down with 2 fingers, but doesn't have some of the functionally that I've seen in the featured promo on YouTube

I'll keep tinkering with it

Highlighted
Wizard

Glad it worked for some of you!

Jelly Bean is awesome.

Am so glad Android is around.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got it in upstate SC!!!  Now if I can get it on my wife's I'll be good to go.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

I got it today at 1:30pm, Massachussetts.  Did nothing special, it just showed up :~)

Highlighted
Journeyman

So it appears like nearly every one of us got the update on the same day today.  Did the servers survive?  It appears like they did just fine.  So hopefully they continue this strategy so that all, or at least most everyone can get future updates at the same time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did all the special stuff still haven't gotten it.  MN

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got the update. Am in California.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine doesnt do that. I'm kind of diaappointed. What does it mean if the notifications dont expand?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not sure..

Next time you receive a notification, try using two fingers in an up/contract  down/expand swiping  motion on the actual notification it self, similar to swiping to the side to clear.

I've used this with emails,  it only allows a few additional lines of info.

Also,  MMS messages offer a small preview of the content.

I've seen screen shots that showed a sliding brightness bar,  as well as,  advanced Qslide features.  These were not included in my update that I have noticed 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat